Signalizer: Sidechaining update! Open-source & free audio visualization plugin (v. 0.4.3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is excellent. Many thanks :tu:

looks usefull, i am going to try it out.
thanks

Great update! For the oscilloscope, I think a quarter of a bar is fine for beats mode. But the option to display a full bar would be nice :).

A little idea to make zooming more intuitive and faster, I really like how blue cats handles zooming. You drag a window of where you want to zoom in.

Thanks!
re23071998 wrote:
re23071998 wrote:LinuxVST? please :D
EDIT: just testing out the Linux version, it doesn't scanned on bitwig 2.1.1
What distro/version? What does

Code: Select all

$ ldd Signalizer.so
say?
SeeingInMidi wrote:Great update! For the oscilloscope, I think a quarter of a bar is fine for beats mode. But the option to display a full bar would be nice :).
Yeah, I wanted to do that as well but it gets non-trivial for exotic signatures.
A little idea to make zooming more intuitive and faster, I really like how blue cats handles zooming. You drag a window of where you want to zoom in.
That's a great idea, could work for the spectrum as well.

Looks awesome. I will test it on the new Logic 10.3.2 on El Cap 10.11.6
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I have found no settings that's fits to my imagination of a standard oscilloscope. One Channel with stable trigger is all I need. The windows should by zoom able and should hide all controls.

stardustmedia wrote:Looks awesome. I will test it on the new Logic 10.3.2 on El Cap 10.11.6
Seems to work fine. Great work.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Thanks stardustmedia!
Taurus wrote:I have found no settings that's fits to my imagination of a standard oscilloscope. One Channel with stable trigger is all I need. The windows should by zoom able and should hide all controls.
Hi, you can do this by opening Signalizer (the default preset should do), choosing the oscilloscope and selecting a triggering function. There are multiple functions, as a stable trigger on arbitrary signals is not possible.

This is all described in depth at 3:39 in the video:

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHWDmufiohc
The window is zoomable and all UI and controls are auto-hidden when you don't use them. Let me know if it isn't working out for you

Mayae wrote:
SeeingInMidi wrote:Great update! For the oscilloscope, I think a quarter of a bar is fine for beats mode. But the option to display a full bar would be nice :).
Yeah, I wanted to do that as well but it gets non-trivial for exotic signatures.
Ah, I think a full bar would be helpful. Various oscilloscopes offer a full bar beat sync such as the vengeance one. I think the vengeance one offers more than a bar if i remember correctly.

I havent been in the studio in a while, but does signalizer offer time sync too? It would be really helpful for post-production. A frame sync would be nice too.

Just a few thoughts, but really good work! I have converted many of my buddies to use signalizer haha. :party:

SeeingInMidi wrote:Ah, I think a full bar would be helpful. Various oscilloscopes offer a full bar beat sync such as the vengeance one. I think the vengeance one offers more than a bar if i remember correctly.
Yeah, I'll add it.
I havent been in the studio in a while, but does signalizer offer time sync too? It would be really helpful for post-production. A frame sync would be nice too.
Depends on what you mean specifically, you can sync to any frequency and/or time (ie. 100 ms or 23.974 fps = 41.708 ms) it's just a bit more manual. But I'm thinking it will all work a bit better to make the time modes genuine modes of the scope (ie. different panels depending on mode), there's just too much incompability otherwise. This will also make space for specific frame syncing, and similar stuff :)
Just a few thoughts, but really good work! I have converted many of my buddies to use signalizer haha. :party:
:party:

Mayae wrote:
Depends on what you mean specifically, you can sync to any frequency and/or time (ie. 100 ms or 23.974 fps = 41.708 ms) it's just a bit more manual. But I'm thinking it will all work a bit better to make the time modes genuine modes of the scope (ie. different panels depending on mode), there's just too much incompability otherwise. This will also make space for specific frame syncing, and similar stuff :)
I was using Signalizer in a session today, and time sync works as how I thought it would in window trigger mode, which is good. I think different panels would indeed make more sense and be more practical. Just another thought, 1 second window time works great but do you think a window size larger than 1 second would be beneficial?

SeeingInMidi wrote:I was using Signalizer in a session today, and time sync works as how I thought it would in window trigger mode, which is good. I think different panels would indeed make more sense and be more practical. Just another thought, 1 second window time works great but do you think a window size larger than 1 second would be beneficial?
Signalizer has an unbounded upper window, however you have to go to the main settings, and alter the history size (this affects the vectorscope and the spectrum similarly):
http://i.imgur.com/YF62ea4.gifv

Mayae wrote:
SeeingInMidi wrote:I was using Signalizer in a session today, and time sync works as how I thought it would in window trigger mode, which is good. I think different panels would indeed make more sense and be more practical. Just another thought, 1 second window time works great but do you think a window size larger than 1 second would be beneficial?
Signalizer has an unbounded upper window, however you have to go to the main settings, and alter the history size (this affects the vectorscope and the spectrum similarly):
http://i.imgur.com/YF62ea4.gifv
Oh i see, i didn't catch that. Good to know. thanks!

Thank you very much for creating this! It's really great!

However, your homepage is super unresponsive, and it's quite hard to just find the latest plug-in files along with simple instructions of how to install them. I think this might stop/deter some people from using it.

Pluffo wrote:Thank you very much for creating this! It's really great!

However, your homepage is super unresponsive, and it's quite hard to just find the latest plug-in files along with simple instructions of how to install them.
Hi Pluffo,

Thanks a lot. It appears some idiots currently are DDOS'ing my hosting service's data centers, so unfortunately the website can be unresponsive currently. It should be fixed any second hour now, and this is the first occurrence I'm aware of, ever.

Yeah, I agree probably a setup guide or easier access to the files would make sense. I just don't have the time to fix my crappy site or set up some release system, so right now I'm just using the easiest solution for me - directly hosting the releases as a part of the source control system.
I think this might stop/deter some people from using it.
Probably.. unfortunate consequence. Good thing I don't make my living off this :) In all seriousness, I appreciate the suggestions and advice, and am aware of the difficulties using the stuff I make (no manual etc) but it's either this or nothing. Currently, at least.

Return to “Effects”