Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

evo2slo wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:58 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:14 am - there's 6 sequencers, but what types of stuff are they good for - I get it that Euclid is best for beats / drums, but I can't really see how the rest of them differs in a fundamental way?
I think it's helpful to differentiate the sequencers based on the hardware that inspired them.

ACID
Slurs, ties, accents. Traditionally used for bass.

DARK
Skipping, jumping, stopping. When you want to boss a sequence around. When I say jump, you say how high!

M5816
The Step Count parameter offers lots of cool options for each step. Be sure to click on it for the popup window.

STEP16
Similar to M5816 but adds some skip and reverse options. (I'm not certain that this is the actual hardware that inspired this one)

HEXA
All about that probability, yo. Great for varying melodic stuff.

EUCLID
All the rhythms of the world at your fingertips! Though this one is more melodically oriented. This can do chords if you want it to. Just wait for HY's next RPE update for one more suited for percussion.

Seq2 can even be automated to switch sequencer types during playback for different sections of a track! For when you just can't make up your mind which sounds best. 8)
The model of step16 is this one.
https://www.analoguesolutions.com/ekg

Tadashi

NTO wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:21 pmHarmonizer FX
evo2slo wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:58 pmSeq2 can even be automated to switch sequencer types during playback for different sections of a track! For when you just can't make up your mind which sounds best. 8)
hyakken wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:14 pm I think Euclid one is good for melody too.
Acid seq is good for base line lead stuff.
Hexa seq is for random sequence.
Dark seq, I like this mode, I usually set knob range 4 or 5 octave, and tweak knobs.

You can only use one sequencer mode at a time, so you can't mix those outputs.

about chord
This sequencer is not really for chord stuff, but you can use harmonizer fx.
Thanks for your help, guys! :tu: :clap:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Hi Tadashi. Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a way to assign different speeds to the individual euclidean sequencer tracks/lanes? For example, track 1 @1/16, track 2 @1/8 etc...

HEXA
Priceless :lol:

hyakken wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:09 pm
acousticglue wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:32 pm Can the LFO sections of Hy-Delay be disabled?
Currently no.
I will add on/off switch to each modulation generator unit with future update.

Tadashi
Thanks for answering.

hyakken wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:14 pmTadashi
I've spent over 3h yesterday just playing with it & I love it, but obviously have some feature ideas:
- MIDI effects' on/off button should be a target for modulators, so that for example I can randomly or cyclically enable Harmoniser while the sequence is playing, to generate chords,
- when clicking the dice icons (randomisation of the parameter) there should be an option to set up distribution of the parameters, so for example if I'm randomising glides or step on/offs for 16 step sequence I'd like to be able to decide if it will be changed for 2-3 parameters or maybe for 10-12 of them; or for example if I'm randomising pitches, I'd like to determine spread (how far from the root note new pitches can be) but also the density, i.e. if new pitches are more or less equally distributed between root and min/max or if they concentrate around the root, but still few of them get to min/max
- I'm not sure if it's because I chose the version without installation, but I need to set up precise folder containing presets for each sequencer and MIDI effect, which - frankly - is a lot of work; perhaps it would be possible to point the plugin to where it's located and it'd simply find the appropriate sub-folders?

But even as is, it's an incredible device, so thank you for making it! :tu: :hug:
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:47 am
hyakken wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:14 pmTadashi
I've spent over 3h yesterday just playing with it & I love it, but obviously have some feature ideas:
- MIDI effects' on/off button should be a target for modulators, so that for example I can randomly or cyclically enable Harmoniser while the sequence is playing, to generate chords,
- when clicking the dice icons (randomisation of the parameter) there should be an option to set up distribution of the parameters, so for example if I'm randomising glides or step on/offs for 16 step sequence I'd like to be able to decide if it will be changed for 2-3 parameters or maybe for 10-12 of them; or for example if I'm randomising pitches, I'd like to determine spread (how far from the root note new pitches can be) but also the density, i.e. if new pitches are more or less equally distributed between root and min/max or if they concentrate around the root, but still few of them get to min/max
- I'm not sure if it's because I chose the version without installation, but I need to set up precise folder containing presets for each sequencer and MIDI effect, which - frankly - is a lot of work; perhaps it would be possible to point the plugin to where it's located and it'd simply find the appropriate sub-folders?

But even as is, it's an incredible device, so thank you for making it! :tu: :hug:
Default preset folder location is
Mac : Library/Audio/Presets/HY-Plugins/HY-SeqCollection2
Win : C:\Users\user name\Documents\HY-Plugins\HY-SeqCollection2

If you install the plugin via installer, those preset folders will be installed to above place automatically.

If you want to use different preset location, you can set it with "Set Preset Folder".
But if you are fine with default location, you don't need to set them manually.

Tadashi

hyakken wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:52 pmIf you install the plugin via installer, those preset folders will be installed to above place automatically.
Thanks! I guess I'll simply install it properly with the installer :)
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:47 am- MIDI effects' on/off button should be a target for modulators, so that for example I can randomly or cyclically enable Harmoniser while the sequence is playing, to generate chords,
Have you tried modulating the velocity levels in the harmonizer? This can effectively turn notes on and off to generate chords during a sequence.

evo2slo wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:40 pm Have you tried modulating the velocity levels in the harmonizer? This can effectively turn notes on and off to generate chords during a sequence.
There is an exposed parameter - FX Harm OnOff - to toggle the Harmonizer active state as well

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:14 am - there's 6 sequencers, but what types of stuff are they good for - I get it that Euclid is best for beats / drums, but I can't really see how the rest of them differs in a fundamental way?
I think it's helpful to differentiate the sequencers based on the hardware that inspired them.

ACID
Slurs, ties, accents. Traditionally used for bass.

DARK
Skipping, jumping, stopping. When you want to boss a sequence around. When I say jump, you say how high!

M5816
The Step Count parameter offers lots of cool options for each step. Be sure to click on it for the popup window.

STEP16
Similar to M5816 but adds some skip and reverse options. (I'm not certain that this is the actual hardware that inspired this one)

HEXA

EUCLID
All the rhythms of the world at your fingertips! Though this one is more melodically oriented. This can do chords if you want it to. Just wait for HY's next RPE update for one more suited for percussion.

Seq2 can even be automated to switch sequencer types during playback for different sections of a track! For when you just can't make up your mind which sounds best. 8)
This post is amazing :D thanks for taking the time to create it!

Teawhyelleare wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:29 amThis post is amazing :D thanks for taking the time to create it!
Ur too kind. :hug:

Thanks to Tadashi for his brilliant work and generous updates!

Correction for STEP16
One cool feature the hardware seems to have is it will skip a step when going forwards but then will play the step (even if it is set to "skip") when reversed. This would be nice little addition for the next update. Maybe the option to skip a step depending on what direction it is being played in.

The new issue of Computer Music has a great plugin from this manufacturer!

ADSR has been advertising SeqCollection2 for $39 USD. However, when you go to their website it is $55. What is going on?

tony10000 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:56 pm ADSR has been advertising SeqCollection2 for $39 USD. However, when you go to their website it is $55. What is going on?
Sale was through July 30th. I snuck in and was able to get it at ADSR on the 31st. I felt lucky b/c I didn't realize it ended so soon.

Return to “Effects”