TBProAudio releases AB_LM - Loudness Match and Gain Staging Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ABLM2

TBProAudio releases AB_LM, a gain control which enables level matched and sample accurate A/B comparison of FX chains.

AB_LM offers following features:
  • match pre and post-FX loudness
  • match pre-FX loudness with reference level
  • 3 loudness match modes: manual, auto and gain stage
  • FX chain drive
  • up to 256 sender/receiver pairs including auto channel set/link
  • automatic latency measurement/compensation
  • 5 measurement modes: RMS Sum, RMS Avg, EBU R128 SL, EBU R128 ML, VU
  • adjustable RMS measurement window
  • bypass AB_LM
  • 4 snapshot slots
  • very CPU friendly
  • large and easy to use GUI

System Requirements:
  • Windows XP or newer
  • Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
  • Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
  • Tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8, FL Studio 12.x, PT10/12
Price: 49€ (excl. VAT)
Last edited by TB-ProAudio on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hello, is there a Demo version?
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Well, yes: just download and install: AB_LM runs in demo mode (90 secs, can be rearmed).

this looks like something i have wanted oh, for only the last 10 years.!

Just going to make sure it works well in all my daws but as long as PT and Cubase are covered i will be happy (logic is on my plugin test partition though).

Anyway thanks for releasing such a cool thing

Thanks TheoM. Yes, it works in Cubase/Nuendo, PT10(RTAS+AAX) and PT12(AAX).

I am going to put you in a bit of a spot here.. you are a relatively new company with a variety of really cool products that are a tad out of my "impulse buy" price reach.

I think we all feel like this, that we buy something for 100 euros and next month there is a sale for 20 for example.

i don't know your pricing policies, so I am hoping you are transparent like U-HE.

U-HE have a one time intro lower price, then never ever have a sale price no matter what. So my questions for you are

1) Do you allow license transfers

2) what copy protection do you use, is it challenge/response or simple serial? so i can put it on both my imac and macbook without any fuss?

and the big one:

3) What is your view on sales as a developer?

I have made a firm decision a while back myself, since i do not do any timing critical or paid work anymore, that i only buy plugins no matter how much i want them, when they are on sale. Unless the developer specifically has a no sale policy (which i think is an awesome policy by the way).

i would like to know your view on this... did you do a black friday or Xmas sale for example? Are you adverse to sales? or are you willing to guarantee permanent pricing of your products? If it's the latter, and you allow transfers if needed, i will buy without hesitation, the few effects of yours i really love. if not, i will wait. Simple as that really..
This is the way it is now cause the market is so saturated.. waiting for even a year to get a killer sale is not a big deal cause it's not like we don't have a gazillion plugins we can use in the meantime to still do amazing music.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but anything other than a "we do not or will not do sales" reply, for me, means I will wait. Just also being honest ;)

Hi TheoM,

as always fair questions, I'll try to answer as good as possible:

Q1: Do you allow license transfers?
A1: License transfer is not allowed (as stated in license agreement).

Q2: Copy protection
A2: Simple key file per user, to be placed side by side with the plugin, single license for all platforms and DAWs, no internet connection!

Q3: View on sales:
A3: No intro prices, no sales campaigns, guaranteed permanent pricing
(BTW: We at TBProAudio do not believe in such marketing tools.)

I hope this was good enough :wink:

yes your answers are much appreciated.

My one issue here is the no license transfer cause you just don't know what happens in life. But i LOVE the no sales policy.

I love the copy protection also.

But for something with no resale, please consider having demos that work for 30 minutes at least without reset. it allows us to properly demo what we would be making a significant investment for. Your demo policy is one of the harshest around to be honest.

TheoM wrote:I love the copy protection also.

But for something with no resale, please consider having demos that work for 30 minutes at least without reset. it allows us to properly demo what we would be making a significant investment for. Your demo policy is one of the harshest around to be honest.
We discussed this a lot internally. And we will take your feedback. Lets see :wink:

Thanks Theo for your questions, made my life easier, i was about to ask similar questions.
Love the Copy Protection and Fixed Pricing, i am with you on the Demo issue. For this kind
of Plugin 90 Seconds is very short, by the time i tweak a plugin to compare i need to rearm.
Please do something about it as soon as you can.

Thanks

I really love how this can display latency. Finally in logic for the first time in 15 years we can see the exact latency of any particular plugin :tu:

Wow the autogain matching really works with any plugin! This is crazy!

Also driving me crazy is the demo I have to be honest, I have all your demos installed at present and using them inline in a track, and the cutouts and opening each GUI individually to reset is doing my head in. I never quite experienced anything like it.. I can't even sett up the compressor before it cuts out, let alone test how it sounds! I will be up front, there will be zero purchasing from me until I can test these properly I'm sorry. With the exception of the autogain which is a must have.

I can't work out how to test the latency though, I always see 0. :(
Even if I have your linear phase EQ in between the autogain instances !!

Update to V1.0.1: Demo "Stutter" fix

Update to V1.1.0:
- Inverse gain match switch
- Link channels extended to 32

I wanna ask a question, to understand this, the channels, we can insert
the source this on 32 tracks as the first insert, right? THEN...we can insert
the the other one only on the master and it can control all 32 of course
by switching the source channel...or each track needs one as source and
one as control?

Thanks

Return to “Effects”