Brainworx bx_cleansweep Pro, is it relevant ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Brainworx bx_cleansweep V2

Ouch regarding the CPU!

Well, I did it... plus G8 for $19 as the POTM and TD+ since it was staring at me already in my cart.

I guess I'd rather consider it $39 for each this way... could have got more on top of this as those three and additions upped the discount on the additions, but the three distortion pedals were the only ones coming down to an attractive price and not plug-ins I really need.

I think we're good here on PA for awhile.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

ObsoleteAcc99 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:49 pm Hmm mind said this offer is non expiring.

Weird.

I got it anyway as I really like the simplicity for such a variety of HPF.

However it's using a LOT of CPU. This is something I'd want to use 40 of in a project and it uses 11% of a top of the line 2.8ghz MBP i7 core! (Quad haswell still the fastest chip in MBP).

Wtf? Proq or Acon use 1%
That sounds heavy! Did that CPU usage persist? I use the BX digital V3...passed on the other BX eq sale over the last 24 hours - because i mostly just want clean sweep pro now. Looks really useful and clear, straightforward.
But i would want it on every channel, for sure.

As a curiosity it can do some rare filter curves like eliptical but the CPU hit is insane. If it's cheap it's worth a punt but you won't use it on every channel because you won't be able to.

Have you tried the RS-Met Toolchain? The Engineer’s Filter has most of the Cleansweep curves, much lighter CPU requirements and free of charge IIRC.
Last edited by cturner on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

You are answering a 3 year old post of a user who has long been banned from KVR. ;)
DavidCarlyon wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:06 pm
ObsoleteAcc99 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:49 pm Hmm mind said this offer is non expiring.

Weird.

I got it anyway as I really like the simplicity for such a variety of HPF.

However it's using a LOT of CPU. This is something I'd want to use 40 of in a project and it uses 11% of a top of the line 2.8ghz MBP i7 core! (Quad haswell still the fastest chip in MBP).

Wtf? Proq or Acon use 1%
That sounds heavy! Did that CPU usage persist? I use the BX digital V3...passed on the other BX eq sale over the last 24 hours - because i mostly just want clean sweep pro now. Looks really useful and clear, straightforward.
But i would want it on every channel, for sure.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I really want this plugin on sale. I've been waiting a while for it to go on sale...I'm really hoping I didn't miss a recent flash deal, I check my mail daily.
Last edited by Raddler1 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raddler1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:59 pm I really want this plugin on sale. I've been waiting a while for it to go on sale...I'm really hoping I didn't miss a recent flash sale, I check my mail daily.
it turns up in the marketplace occasionally ... I think that's where I picked it up.

Raddler1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:59 pm I really want this plugin on sale. I've been waiting a while for it to go on sale...I'm really hoping I didn't miss a recent flash sale, I check my mail daily.
It's not been on sale recently no as I was watching for it myself before I bought it off marketplace, it's not often on marketplace either though

And as I say this, a wild cleansweep appears in the marketplace :dog:

Digivolt wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:20 pm
It's not been on sale recently no as I was watching for it myself before I bought it off marketplace, it's not often on marketplace either though

Can you link me to that marketplace deal? Is it being sold by a member?

Raddler1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:24 am
Digivolt wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:20 pm

Can you link me to that marketplace deal? Is it being sold by a member?
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=522473

Today, the Brainworx bx_cleansweep Pro plugin is available for $39 and with the special Plugin Alliance mailing list voucher code, it can be had for just $19.99
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I was noticing a DC bias on some tracks so I decided to try cleansweep pro to see if it could work as a DC filter. it does. I turn on HPF only with the gentlest roll off low in the subs. its analog or minimal phase (not linear). This works great to cut DC. I usually have it on the input of every track that is causing DC and on the output of busses. I havent noticed any audible impact to the bottom end. :phones:

You can get it for free in the present sale ($19 minus the PA-MEGA-SALE-20-OFF code voucher).

Delete post. Wrong forum.

I know this is a very old thread. But I'm curious if this filter is different from other filters? I'm mean, what is this "cleansweep" doing different from others? Cleaner?

Return to “Effects”