Brainworx bx_cleansweep Pro, is it relevant ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Brainworx bx_cleansweep V2

Hello to all the KVRians !

I saw the upgrade offer in my mail this morning.
Is that kind of filtering plug-in still relevant with so
much options offered here and there ? (for example : The Drop, Filterfreak, Pro-Q2 etc.)

Thanks for your inputs ! :)

Having a choice of filters is useful, but they might well be in EQs you already have. And it's not often you find that nothing other than an elliptical filter will do.

DMG equilibirum has most if not all of the curves from cleansweep, and pro-q and basically any digital EQ will give you HP/ LP bands.. explore what you have!

to an extent, cleansweep is a mixing tip ("remove unwanted frequencies") sold as a plugin

I think the free cleansweep is great cause it's dead simple and fast and easy to use.
$149 for the "pro" version I find grossly overpriced and I bet you will get it for much cheaper in the next sale.
Still, something like DDMF iieq pro is €35 and offers several filter types and not only hp/lp. other EQ plugs offer even more for less money than cleansweep pro.

I downloaded the demo last night and have to say the filters sound pretty nice to my ear. There likewise seems to be some nice sounds derived from pushing the resonance and or ripple effect of the filters on various sounds. Nevertheless, I really appreciate some of these suggestions about mimicking those filter curves with EQs. Think I'm going to throw it on a few different sounds over the next couple of days before I make any decisions.

And try to replicate the sound with some other EQs. :)
Who is "I"? What is "I"? This has yet to be explained.

peterjsd wrote:DMG equilibirum has most if not all of the curves from cleansweep, and pro-q and basically any digital EQ will give you HP/ LP bands.. explore what you have!

to an extent, cleansweep is a mixing tip ("remove unwanted frequencies") sold as a plugin
I don't own Equilibrum but I have the same feeling about the "mixing tip sold as a plugin" thing...I think that $149 is a bit overpriced. Ddmf, FF, DMG, Cytomic and so on...there are so many choices that I'm not excited about that kind of product in 2016. That's why I'm asking your opinions, I'd like to know if I'm alone in thinking that there's nothing really new or innovative here...

If you're on PC, Engineer's Filter by RS-Met looks like it will much do the same job, although you might need two instances to do high/low pass together.

i love super simple ultra purpose focused plugins like this. Sounds good so far. Also, it's $49 for those who had registered for the free one. And it's a non expiring offer. So i mean how many of us wouldn't have registered the free one after all these years? No it's not worth $149 but you DO realise this is plug in alliance we are talking about right? It will only stay at that price briefly and then be between 9, 29,or 49$ on frequent sales ;)

TheoM wrote:i love super simple ultra purpose focused plugins like this. Sounds good so far. Also, it's $49 for those who had registered for the free one. And it's a non expiring offer. So i mean how many of us wouldn't have registered the free one after all these years? No it's not worth $149 but you DO realise this is plug in alliance we are talking about right? It will only stay at that price briefly and then be between 9, 29,or 49$ on frequent sales ;)
Yeah the upgrade is pretty cheap...even with the 20% VAT I would have to pay (France here).
I didn't know it was an "unexpiring" offer...for the moment I'm not sure I need this, and I'd like to tame my gas (how many times does one say that in a KVR thread ?).

It´s ridiculous to set the price for this plugin at $149. What a joke. Why they can´t just sell it for $49, registered or not, which would still be quite expensive for what it does. It´s an insult to my ability to be able to think what the product actually does.

I think both cleansweep pro and the new BX Digital V3 are pretty cool.
Sure the pricing is steep, but they do that, I cant imagine anyone buying their stuff at full price anyway,
as they provide ample opportunity to get their stuff at reasonable prices.

If 49 is too much for you, wait around for the next xmas sale, no doubt you'll
be able to get it for 9 bucks...

Edited to actually answer the question:

I kind of view cleansweep (new and old) as a creative effect.
A quick way to mash frequencies at a stage other than the main
filtering. So for me its relevant, ofc you could do that with another
eq, but it has interesting filter types, and sounds good imo. Also
an analyzer, (didn't think they would ever put one in a bx plugin).

More than anything, I just find it fairly handy I guess... Although
it does seem a bit heavy on the cpu at times, but I haven't played with
it very much as yet.

Note* I haven't actually paid 49 bucks for it yet, I may or may not,
still undecided. I will likely pick it up at some point tho.

-Cheers

My offer expires:

"As a user of Brainworx’s bx_cleansweep V2, you’re eligible for a special upgrade offer to the brand new, fully featured Brainworx bx_cleansweep Pro. While the original bx_cleansweep V2 is an incredibly useful hi/lo pass filter, bx_cleansweep Pro takes it to the next level with an incredible array of filter type and features. For everything from cleaning up tracks to creating amazing new sounds, bx_cleansweep Pro will instantly become a go-to tool in your plugin arsenal. This is an amazing value at $49 and will only be available through February 25th so don’t miss out."
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

149 is steep (I see what you did there) but nobody's going to pay that and they probably know it.

They make some nice stuff. I really liked their ENGL sims (but I'm all reason)

antithesist wrote:My offer expires:

"As a user of Brainworx’s bx_cleansweep V2, you’re eligible for a special upgrade offer to the brand new, fully featured Brainworx bx_cleansweep Pro. While the original bx_cleansweep V2 is an incredibly useful hi/lo pass filter, bx_cleansweep Pro takes it to the next level with an incredible array of filter type and features. For everything from cleaning up tracks to creating amazing new sounds, bx_cleansweep Pro will instantly become a go-to tool in your plugin arsenal. This is an amazing value at $49 and will only be available through February 25th so don’t miss out."
Just confirmed this with PA support... doesn't make sense since they still have the cleansweep freebie.

Maybe a false deadline to get people to jump, or maybe the upgrade price will go up?

Guess I'll likely go for it along with the G8 deal... though under protest.

Oh, the TD+ $49 upgrade is not supposed to expire... yet, anyway.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Hmm mind said this offer is non expiring.

Weird.

I got it anyway as I really like the simplicity for such a variety of HPF.

However it's using a LOT of CPU. This is something I'd want to use 40 of in a project and it uses 11% of a top of the line 2.8ghz MBP i7 core! (Quad haswell still the fastest chip in MBP).

Wtf? Proq or Acon use 1%

Return to “Effects”