precise stereo correlation analyzer plugin-does it exist??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the most precise one I found so far is in PHA-979 correlometer, but still... its not precise enough to identify which exact frequencies are out of phase...I would much prefer something which looks and works like common FFT spectrum analyzer

btw-I know it can look exaggerated for somebody, but I need it to identify (and later extract and correct) individual out of phase harmonics in problematic stereo sound samples which cannot be rerecorded better...

Nugen or izotope insight ?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

good idea.. an FFT analyser type plugin but for phase! great idea.

DMG Dualism has this exact option among it's display options ;)
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

djscorb wrote:DMG Dualism has this exact option among it's display options ;)

ouch, 360 AUD...

for me for one plugin it is just too much money.

Even uad stuff, i only buy on sale - $99 - $149 max for a single plugin (inc vouchers, etc).

Interesting looking plugin, won't demo it though cause know i won't buy it.

Have insight and izotope advanced (got the bundle for $220 as an upgrade from 2 izotope older plugins for five latest version plugins, $50 each for ozone 7 advanced, insight, alloy 2, nectar pro, trash plus expansions - now THAT'S value!)
.. so will check to see if insight does it.

EDIT:
http://www.bluecataudio.com//show_scree ... e=main.png

had this all along :dog: in the meters bundle.

Great tools, i only ever used the oscilloscope and volume spectrum though :oops:

This might be *exactly* what the OP is looking for, like a spectrum analyser but phase.

woodsdenis wrote:Nugen or izotope insight ?
based on available info - I think nope :?
are you sure that Nugen does precise correlation as I have described above...or are you just guessing?
or - can somebody confirm this, before I waste time with demos?

djscorb wrote:DMG Dualism has this exact option among it's display options ;)
not cheap, but thanks for the tip anyway :tu:

edit- I think nope, based on reading manual it doesnt do what I want...
that phase spectrum graph in Hz is OK, but readout on the left side is again left-right in dB and not 0-90-180 /phase-antiphase/ oriented.. :(
Last edited by kvaca on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheoM wrote: Have insight and izotope advanced .. so will check to see if insight does it.
please do it...
TheoM wrote: EDIT:
http://www.bluecataudio.com//show_scree ... e=main.png

had this all along :dog: in the meters bundle.

Great tools, i only ever used the oscilloscope and volume spectrum though :oops:

This might be *exactly* what the OP is looking for, like a spectrum analyser but phase.
nope, please - read again my first post to see what I need...
/all I want to see in graph is exact frequencies in Hz - and NOT left right position in %/

you are right, i did read the post properly, but for some reason thought the blue cat was giving stereo image in frequency on the bottom readout. Oops :oops:

I just checked insight, i don't think it does this at all.

Someone said dmg does it.

PHA 979 is closest for you so far.

perhaps you are out of luck and dmg is the only option for you (maybe you should go ahead and get the demo and give it a test run).

if it's that important to you, i suppose it's worth the money.

TheoM wrote: I just checked insight, i don't think it does this at all.
thanks, I expected it
TheoM wrote: Someone said dmg does it.
probably nope :shrug:
TheoM wrote: PHA 979 is closest for you so far.
I know, but it can NOT offer accurate readout of colliding frequencies in Hz and that Voxengo man is very busy in doing another trendy eq plugin people urgenly need and dont care about improving his unique products :x

Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

nope...from reading manual it seems completely useless for such task :?

or you can post a proof that Im wrong?

The thing with DMG Audio plugins is they cram in hundreds of features that you don't get in other plugins so they charge a price related to how much work they put in. The more of their plugins you own the more you get a discount on the ones you don't own.

i don't know why but i just checked all analyser plugins through kvr for you.

the dmg does it, djscorb was spot on about that.. i read the manual, it is clear as day. It is a full spectrum analyser for phase, with frequency on the bottom.
it's hi res.

What i DON'T know is if you can mouse over a point on the graph and it display what exact frequency it is.. you'll need to test the demo to find out.

It is obvious to me though that it is your absolute closest option right now.

TheoM wrote: the dmg does it, djscorb was spot on about that.. i read the manual, it is clear as day.
no, Theo, it is not clear at all... :o
theres a nice picture of phase spectrum graph in manual which is frequency based - bottom line show frequency in Hz, which IS OK...however, on the left side theres a scale from top: left- 0 -right in dB, which seems to me irrelevant - phase is usually shown in 0-90-180 degrees or in +1- 0 -1, like in Voxengo correlometer...
so...either it is useless for my work OR there is bug in graph legend :shrug:

moreover, under phase spectrum graph manual says:
The Phase Spectrum renders the instantaneous difference in stereo position by frequency.It can be used to see signals jump left or right, and to see their spectral shape as they do. It also provides a very clear display of stereo width by frequency.The top of the graph represents ’leftness’ and the bottom ’rightness’.

so if I uderstand that text correctly, I still think that its unfortunately NOT capable of precise phase correlation measuring and demoing it will be another waste of time /I have already demoed some of the analyzers mentioned here with zero success/

Return to “Effects”