AudioThing Frostbite 2 - Spectral Freeze, Ring Mod, Feedback - Update v2.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Frostbite

Twisted wave is way way better than Amadeus IMHO, they are just a horrible company that ignores any contact whatsoever haha
Duh

bungle wrote:Twisted wave is way way better than Amadeus IMHO, they are just a horrible company that ignores any contact whatsoever haha
I used it for a while, but at the time TW was quite buggy, and Amadeus worked better for me. So I've stayed with it.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

Personally I use Audacity as an external editor, but never used plugins with it. All my "heavy" processing is done in Logic, after many years I have a good workflow (Logic+Audacity) and I don't really feel the need to have anything else.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

I come from PC Land, and over there we have Sound Forge as the gauge (Even though Sony treat it like it has a disease) unfortunately Sony being Sony, you don't get to use the Mac version of you already ponied up the $400 for the PC version haha, now that is what you call an A-Hole company hahahaha, Killed Acid, Killing Vegas, Sound Forge is next on the list :(
Duh

Just released a review and video about Frostbite Effect Plugin ;)

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2016/02/aud ... lugin.html
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:Just released a review and video about Frostbite Effect Plugin ;)

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2016/02/aud ... lugin.html
Cool! Thanks, I will add it to the product page :)

Really like this plugin, dreaming of Frostbite with an EOS 2 Superhall type of reverberation, going to be my dirtiest lush sounding reverb :phones:
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote:Really like this plugin, dreaming of Frostbite with an EOS 2 Superhall type of reverberation, going to be my dirtiest lush sounding reverb :phones:
Thanks! I'm glad you like it ;)

Hello,
are there any plans to update/improve this plugin?

- Instead of Signal Chain "A", "B", "C" ... make all 3 frames movable. I think that it would be much easier to manage the chain and also you can save some UI space.

- Make "Freeze effect" to hold the input infinitely - not only 25s. (Or add a special button there like Ambient Reverb has).

- Add Stereo width knob for Ring Mod or/and host Sync LFO with more shapes (now is only Sine wave available as I know). (Or add AM mod.)

- Oversampling possibility.

- Smaller knobs.

- Resizable GUI.
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:53 pm Hello,
are there any plans to update/improve this plugin?

- Instead of Signal Chain "A", "B", "C" ... make all 3 frames movable. I think that it would be much easier to manage the chain and also you can save some UI space.

- Make "Freeze effect" to hold the input infinitely - not only 25s. (Or add a special button there like Ambient Reverb has).

- Add Stereo width knob for Ring Mod or/and host Sync LFO with more shapes (now is only Sine wave available as I know). (Or add AM mod.)

- Oversampling possibility.

- Smaller knobs.

- Resizable GUI.
Some good suggestions, especially a longer freeze and changeable / draggable effect order. :tu:

Just picked up this *amazing* plugin on sale at Plugin Boutique for the ridiculous price of $9.00. So glad I did!! Very nice little tool for crafting all sorts of strange cold soundscapes. Combined with an engulfing reverb you really can achieve some unique atmospheric sounds. Very strange we don't see it mentioned more, it seems to pass under the radar quite often.

Any news on this AudioThing? :pray:

I hope too AudioThing is planning to update it in the near future with more features and goodies cause it's such a fun and nice plugin it deserves more love and attention. Still, I realy like Frosbite so far for ambient stuff.

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:20 pm Just picked up this *amazing* plugin on sale at Plugin Boutique for the ridiculous price of $9.00. So glad I did!! Very nice little tool for crafting all sorts of strange cold soundscapes. Combined with an engulfing reverb you really can achieve some unique atmospheric sounds. Very strange we don't see it mentioned more, it seems to pass under the radar quite often.

Any news on this AudioThing? :pray:

I hope too AudioThing is planning to update it in the near future with more features and goodies cause it's such a fun and nice plugin it deserves more love and attention. Still, I realy like Frosbite so far for ambient stuff.
I want to buy it too. The only AudioThing plugins I have are FilterJam and ValveFilter
yzcoruhT

Go for it, total no brainer at $9 really.

Hi guys, thanks for the kind words! Yes, I already have a list of new features that I want to include in v2.0. It'll be a complete rewrite though as the original code is from 2014-2015!
This is what I have in my notes so far:
  • [General]
  • Draggable modules
  • Resizable window
  • Oversample (per module?)
  • VST3
  • [Ring Mod]
  • Sync Rate
  • HighPass/LowPass with Pre/Post selector (?)
  • Waveforms (sine, tri, square, ramp, rnd, ...)
  • [Feedback]
  • Time in ms (+ sync?)
  • HighPass/LowPass with Pre/Post selector (?)
  • LFO Waveforms (sine, tri, square, ramp, rnd, ...)
  • [Freeze]
  • Multi-algorithms (reverb-like, convolution, granular?)
  • 3/4 bands EQ
  • [Master]
  • Wet/Dry or Mix?
  • Soft Clip
Feel free to send me any suggestion. I haven't started the v2.0 yet, but I plan to start soon.

:love:

Return to “Effects”