AudioThing Frostbite 2 - Spectral Freeze, Ring Mod, Feedback - Update v2.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Frostbite

epiphaneia wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:05 am How about an lfo/ramp modulator for each ringmod frequency and ringmod amount?

(Basically, my idea would be to add two little knobs and two switches below each of these two parameters: The first switch would change between "1-shot" (ramp) and "cycle" (lfo), the second would switch the waveform. The first little knob would be the mod amount from -100 to +100. The second knob would change the speed, only change between synced note values from 1/32 to 32).
Interesting but might be a bit overkill. I'll think about it, perhaps a generic LFO with multiple destinations would make sense.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Are there any news?
yzcoruhT

Most of the DSP is done. The UI is almost finished as well.
This is the current state of the modules section (still work in progress):

Some notes:
- Freeze module has three freeze modes: Spectral, Reverb, Convolution (original algorithm)
- Freeze module has in/out spectroscopes with 3 band EQ
- The bottom section will feature an LFO with multiple destinations
- Modules can be used either in serial or parallel mode
- Modules can be arranged with drag and drop (when in serial mode)

I don't have an ETA yet, but every now and then I post sneak peeks on Instagram (stories): https://www.instagram.com/audiothing/

Oh man! This is lovely! I like the UI. Hope that will be some upgrade price from previous version. This one is "must have" plugin for me!
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:25 am Oh man! This is lovely! I like the UI. Hope that will be some upgrade price from previous version. This one is "must have" plugin for me!
Thank you. Yes, there will be a very reasonable upgrade price.

I love Frostbite. I throw it on almost every sound I design, just to see where it takes me, and it has impressed me more often than not. Looking forward to the update.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Ooh a New version? ? You guys dont support 32bit any longer right?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

This is fantastic news!

Forstbite is already in the present state a quite unique and creative plugin (very very underrated tool and I don't know why it's not mentioned more often in the different music forums) and with these changes it's definitely going to be on an even higher level of creative mangling! Can't wait :hyper:

Thanks for the love and attention you keep giving to your plugins :clap:

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:49 pm I love Frostbite. I throw it on almost every sound I design, just to see where it takes me, and it has impressed me more often than not. Looking forward to the update.
Neon Breath wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:36 pm This is fantastic news!

Forstbite is already in the present state a quite unique and creative plugin (very very underrated tool and I don't know why it's not mentioned more often in the different music forums) and with these changes it's definitely going to be on an even higher level of creative mangling! Can't wait :hyper:

Thank you guys! :)

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:56 pm Ooh a New version? ? You guys dont support 32bit any longer right?
Unfortunately, no. This update will be 64bit only (and will also include VST3).

audiothing wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:18 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:49 pm I love Frostbite. I throw it on almost every sound I design, just to see where it takes me, and it has impressed me more often than not. Looking forward to the update.

Thank you guys! :)

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:56 pm Ooh a New version? ? You guys dont support 32bit any longer right?
Unfortunately, no. This update will be 64bit only (and will also include VST3).
Ok thanks. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Agreed!

Nice to see Audiothing actively updating their older plugins.

Any news - like release date etc.?
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:42 am Any news - like release date etc.?
No release date yet, but very likely before the end of the year. There are still a few things to tweak (UI/DSP wise) before starting the beta testing.
This is a very early preview with the new Spectral mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMZAY34xw2k

i'm gonna beta that shit well up :hyper:

Great news, love audiothing development and that looks like a great update i wouldn't expect from any other company!

Return to “Effects”