AudioThing Frostbite 2 - Spectral Freeze, Ring Mod, Feedback - Update v2.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Frostbite

Frostbite 2 is a spectral freezing plugin combined with a Ring Modulator and a Feedback module. With the four freezing modes (spectral, reverb, convolution, granular), you can transform any sound into ambient textures, soundscapes, or just frozen reverbs.
Frostbite can also be used for extreme sonic experiments by entirely mangling any source with extreme modulations.
The Signal Flow is flexible, you can rearrange the modules with a simple drag-and-drop, and selects between the two modes: serial and parallel.
With the internal LFO you can modulate most of the parameters on each module, creating evolving eerie soundscapes.

Details
  • Full Price: $59/ €59 (VAT inc.)
  • Upgrade Price: $9 / €9 (login to upgrade)
  • Freeze (Spectral, Reverb, Convolution, Ganular)
  • Ring Modulator
  • Feedback
  • Flexible Routing (Drag and Drop)
  • 1 LFO with multiple destinations
  • 70+ Presets
  • Resizable Window
  • Preset system with randomizer
  • Formats: VST2, VST3, AU, and AAX (64bit only)
  • Minimum Requirements: OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vyav6NiCPc
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/sets/frostbite

Product Page: http://www.audiothing.net/effects/frostbite/
Last edited by audiothing on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:58 am, edited 18 times in total.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Very nice, although it could do with a lock on the limiter and volume controls to isolate them from patch changes and randomisations.

This is awesome. I've always had a weakness for "ice"-style sounds.. I will be picking this up as soon as I get home from the office! Keep up the great work, AT. Love your plugins!
Last edited by Naenyn on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naenyn wrote:This is awesome. I've always had a weakness for "ice"-style sounds..
To add gloss you mean?

In case, can it be compared to Shimmer by Valhalla ?

Numanoid wrote:
Naenyn wrote:This is awesome. I've always had a weakness for "ice"-style sounds..
To add gloss you mean?

In case, can it be compared to Shimmer by Valhalla ?
Shimmer is a completely different kettle of fish - pitch shifted feedback. Tends to need a lot of space, because it... creates a lot of space :hihi:

Though I'd imagine running shimmer through Frostbite would be enough to freeze your socks off. Just add some cold squarewave fifth pads... ahh... coldness heaven :love:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Just add some cold squarewave fifth pads... ahh... coldness heaven :love:
Sounds lovely, call me anytime 8)

I have a problem with the Frostbite installer. I've unzipped it, but every time I run it, my computer just goes into an endless hourglass, I can't terminate the process, and my computer takes ages to shut down (like it's having to fight the process). Tried it three times so I think something might be wrong with the installer.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Thank you for the kind words guys!
Sendy wrote:I have a problem with the Frostbite installer. I've unzipped it, but every time I run it, my computer just goes into an endless hourglass, I can't terminate the process, and my computer takes ages to shut down (like it's having to fight the process). Tried it three times so I think something might be wrong with the installer.
I'm sorry to hear you are having problems installing Frostbite. I assume you are on Windows, right? Which version? Also, where exactly does it hang? Right after you click on the installer or during the copying of the files?

aMUSEd wrote:Very nice, although it could do with a lock on the limiter and volume controls to isolate them from patch changes and randomisations.
Yeah probably the randomizer shouldn't change wet/dry and limiter. I'll add this to the todo list for an update.

audiothing wrote:Thank you for the kind words guys!
Sendy wrote:I have a problem with the Frostbite installer. I've unzipped it, but every time I run it, my computer just goes into an endless hourglass, I can't terminate the process, and my computer takes ages to shut down (like it's having to fight the process). Tried it three times so I think something might be wrong with the installer.
I'm sorry to hear you are having problems installing Frostbite. I assume you are on Windows, right? Which version? Also, where exactly does it hang? Right after you click on the installer or during the copying of the files?
Windows 7 64-bit. It hangs as soon as I click on the icon - nothing appears and no disk activity happens, just the endless hourglass. I made sure nothing else was running. Except perhaps my Antivirus program is messing it up. It's in silent/gaming mode, but next time I'll try turning it off completely.

Sendy wrote:Windows 7 64-bit. It hangs as soon as I click on the icon - nothing appears and no disk activity happens, just the endless hourglass. I made sure nothing else was running. Except perhaps my Antivirus program is messing it up. It's in silent/gaming mode, but next time I'll try turning it off completely.
I just (re)tested on Win 7 64-bit and the installer was fine. Might be the antivirus although that's the first time I hear of this problem with our installers.

is a demo version in planning

lazymarc wrote:is a demo version in planning
Yes indeed. Probably during the weekend or definitely next week.

There was a problem with the stereo processed sound in some of the demo (which ended up being mono) so we have updated all audio demos and the youtube video.

I don't understand what the Freeze module does, from the audio demo I’ve heard.

Is it holding up to 25 second of the incoming audio and we then can scrub into it? Or it is freezing the audio and it’s then looped non-stop, like a freeze guitar pedal?

Return to “Effects”