2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

acousticglue wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:00 pm Cubase wins again lol
Ya, Cubase 10 on Win10 with good hardware drivers such as RME seems extremely impressive. The task manager showed almost 100% CPU utilization with 72 instances, but I added 8 more and got to 80, and it showed exactly 100% with all cores pegged at 100% and yet there were zero dropouts and the system was still responsive. (This test was with a large buffer of course).

I do love me some OSX, but damn.... :o

psycho
Last edited by sqigls on Sun May 26, 2019 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

thanks for the info Andrew. i'm looking forward to it.. whenever it comes. :)

Four instances of KS fed with different external noise sources and some drums.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -patchpool

Andrew Souter wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:25 am
dayjob wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:31 pm what can we expect for Kaleidoscope in this next update?
and have some more modes beyond the strings etc. to me it's crying out for something that can get it further away from that plucked comb filter resonator type sound. for me personally it would be more useful if it did some other types of things.

It is NOT a minor update. It is extremely major with many new features -- maybe even more features than were in 1.0 in total. Yes there is lots of new and different sonic potential.
:o Wow! Looking forward to it.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

Hi folks
Wanted to ask - i try KS demo, and found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SVNrUDfvSM
Can see in video that man use preset from factory library from category 1.1 Rhitmic Melodic \ Again An Again (I can make a mistake in the name, the video is blurry a little).
I want to try this preset, but not found it in factory library (1.1 Rhitmic Melodic - yes, there is here, but not this preset).
So, demo version coming with limited content ? Or what.

Hi,

The demo version does not contain all of the factory presets bc presets depend on "Resource Library Assets" (i.e. png images, waveforms, tuning files), and including the entire factory library in the demo would make the demo download too large. So it is likely the demo does not have that particular preset for these reasons.

I will look at what it uses, and I maybe I can upload it here. :tu:

here you go:

https://2caudio.com/sitecontent/product ... dAgain.zip

move the png files here:
...\2CAudio Resource Library\Image Library\User\My Images

move the tuning file here:
...\2CAudio Resource Library\Tuning Library\User\My Tunings

scott_free wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 pm
Andrew Souter wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:25 am
dayjob wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:31 pm what can we expect for Kaleidoscope in this next update?
and have some more modes beyond the strings etc. to me it's crying out for something that can get it further away from that plucked comb filter resonator type sound. for me personally it would be more useful if it did some other types of things.

It is NOT a minor update. It is extremely major with many new features -- maybe even more features than were in 1.0 in total. Yes there is lots of new and different sonic potential.
:o Wow! Looking forward to it.
:o :o :o

Andrew Souter wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:34 pm here you go:

https://2caudio.com/sitecontent/product ... dAgain.zip

move the png files here:
...\2CAudio Resource Library\Image Library\User\My Images

move the tuning file here:
...\2CAudio Resource Library\Tuning Library\User\My Tunings
Thanks !

Andrew, preset loaded ok, but by some reason i can't achieve the same result as in video by sound (i would say - quite far from this), and by look of input section picture as well (output section picture look exactly the same, it's ok).

I see that preset was a bit modified in video, so i tried to set all knobs (incl. noise gen level ofcourse) in the same positions, it not helps.

But let find out first what wrong with input picture.

I made screenshot what i have after load preset:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/485 ... 69f8_b.jpg
And here screen from video, for convenience comparison:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/485 ... f634_b.jpg

We see that picture like inverted (but not only). While both white points (which make transformation of picture, as i understood) in bottom corners of picture field - stay in original position, ie unchanged, like in mine picture.

So, what else can be reason of such visual difference ?

It seems the video creator modified the preset in several ways as you pointed out.

1: The Input Image is different. I can't read what number it actually is from the video.
2: The Input Sync Period has been made a lot slower: 64 / 1 it looks like
3: The Output Sync Period has been made a lot faster: 3 /16
4: The Reference Pitch is up one octave at A4
5: Various knob values have been adjusted some

2 and 3 are the most drastic changes. try matching them. try various imaged for Input. This is used here to produce a slow timber/filter shift that evolves over 64 measures, so it is not likely critical to use the exact image he is using. the fast pulse created by the output mod has more pronounced effect on the total result here.

Andrew Souter wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:52 pm It seems the video creator modified the preset in several ways as you pointed out.

1: The Input Image is different. I can't read what number it actually is from the video.
2: The Input Sync Period has been made a lot slower: 64 / 1 it looks like
3: The Output Sync Period has been made a lot faster: 3 /16
4: The Reference Pitch is up one octave at A4
5: Various knob values have been adjusted some

2 and 3 are the most drastic changes. try matching them. try various imaged for Input. This is used here to produce a slow timber/filter shift that evolves over 64 measures, so it is not likely critical to use the exact image he is using. the fast pulse created by the output mod has more pronounced effect on the total result here.
Oh, thanks for info, will try.

Andrew, But, it really not can be related to version changes btw ? (since video made in 2015) I mean some changes in feedback engine etc. (It’s perhaps not so much about the visual part, but the difference in sound).

...very unlikely.

Return to “Effects”