2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

jackmazzotti wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:45 am I am wondering when we will get midi automation for wet/dry and al the other knobs?
A major update to KS is in the works, and has been for some time as mentioned a page or two back in the thread. I don't want to talk specifics yet though as it's bad luck to discuss anything before it is basically ready to ship. (a hard lesson to learn as a passionate person who gets excited about the work, but it's a wise policy I try to force myself to adhere to these days.)

I will say that we ultimately want KS to become more "playable" like a synth at some point, definitely. :tu: Whether this is in the next update or a future one after that I'm not sure about quite yet, possibly not until the next one. not sure yet.

sqigls wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:51 am Flow me 300 bones and it's done as a dinner.
Me too. I like free money also. :D

Where is that universal basic income stuff already? why can't robots just do everything and the government give us all free money. :D

line on the left,
one microchip each...

Getting a simple wet dry mix so I can map it to a midi controller or automation is a pretty basic and I simple request I think. I am using it in my live looping setup that I perform with several times a week. I do not want to use mouse clicks to change that. All your reverbs have this. Why not KS?

I have KS on the master channel, along with Breeze 2 and Precedence, and I would like to have several instances in serial where I am blending wet/dry with knobs not screen jumping and mouse clicking. Morphing the master mix is much more inspiring and exciting with midi controllers than it is with the mouse.

Just a bump for this awesome FX. I hope we see something exciting about Kaleidoscope in 2019.
If there is one FX feels like it has potential to be the most unique one it is this one.
At least some new content would be great or tools within the app to create „useful“ images.
Whatever, Kaleidoscope feels like „future“.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:07 pm Just a bump for this awesome FX. I hope we see something exciting about Kaleidoscope in 2019.
If there is one FX feels like it has potential to be the most unique one it is this one.
At least some new content would be great or tools within the app to create „useful“ images.
Whatever, Kaleidoscope feels like „future“.
Yes, its really unique. Especially the approach to sculpt the sound by using graphics. What I would like to see in a future version is a proper toolkit to edit the graphics. I mean the way you can do it in Iris as an example.

Or even better..!
A way to host Photoshop for deep, real-time raster graphics editing and manipulation with GPU support :hihi: :tu:

I'd like a version I can USE personally.
I bought it, but the VST version crashes Cubase 6.5 on Mac instantly upon scan.
It's a heartbreaker i can't use it.

it's there waiting for you as soon as you have Cubase 8, 9, 10 or maybe even 7.5. :wink:

Cubase 6.5 came out in 2012 and was already 3-4 years old when KS 1.0 came out as we discussed a few pages back. KS uses very modern coding techniques and is multi-threaded etc. It is unknown if hosts this old are compatible. The current versions of all major hosts at the time of its initial release (January 2015) and all releases since then are checked and compatible. And if anything ever pops up with new host releases we are happy to check, but we can't check hosts from 7-8 years ago as we simply don't have them anymore, nor are they typically even compatible with the latest OS's and most likely if there are problems we probably could not even make it work if we wanted to as it is likely the host/os does not support the kind of modern techniques the KS code uses. Sorry.

from Breeze thread:
enCiphered wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:52 pm Thanks Andrew, very interesting.
KS crashes on a windows 10 workstation with 16 logical cores (dual xeon), in Cubase Pro 10.
Actually enough power to run KS smoothly while using it as an insert effect on a simple instrument track. As soon as I start to tweak some parameters, loading factory images and browse through the different settings like voicings and timing, a huge glitch is coming out from my speakers and Cubase crashes. Where can I find the crash log files to send them to you?
should be:

C:\Users\{{USERNAME}}\Documents\Steinberg\CrashDumps

or

File Explorer/Documents/Steinberg (not Cubase)/Crash Dumps

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=135022

Since i still try to understand Kaleidoscope (since it is too advanced for my limited brain cells) i wonder what would be the best way if i want to just use it as microtonal converter while the original source should be not transformed too much. So easy said could i use Kaleidoscope also mainly as "simple" tool for microtuning the source without some crappy midi tools. I wonder if i could get nice results for tools which does not support microtuning itself and Kaleidoscope anyway goes beyhond everything i´m aware of when it comes to tuning.

You would have to use Melodyne for that, Kaleidoscope can tune the resonances a given source creates but can not alter the pitches of the source itself.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:53 pm You would have to use Melodyne for that, Kaleidoscope can tune the resonances a given source creates but can not alter the pitches of the source itself.
O.k. Thank you. So that would then something for Kaleidoscope 2.0 :)

I doubt it, KS will remain to be a resonator, retuning a source is something totally different.

I hoped there was a way to silence the input and just then hear the resulting tuned resonances. Not sure if that even makes sense. I thought it was already possible with the input/output and/or dry/wet settings. Yeah, i still do not understand Kaleidoscope really but it is a unicorn for
ambient textures and rhythmic stuff :D

Return to “Effects”