Acon Digital Verberate - New realistic algorithmic reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate

Verberate and Verberate Surround are now available in version 1.5. We have given the visual appearance a facelift and improved the workflow with undo and redo support as well as A/B comparisons. A large number of new presets have been added to the preset library. Furthermore, the Pro Tools integration has been improved with support for highlighted controls when using automation and automation menu keyboard shortcuts that simplifies the workflow.

New features
  • New graphical user interface
  • Support for visual themes
  • Many new presets
  • Unlimited undo and redo history
  • A and B settings for quick comparisons
  • Dry and reverb levels can be locked
  • Control highlighting in Pro Tools
  • Keyboard short-cut for the automation menu in Pro Tools
  • Further bug fixes and minor improvements
The update is free for all Verberate and Verberate Surround customers.

This is certainly my favorite for a natural reverb which is very easy and fast to work with. I prefer this over Phoenixverb on many situations, it has a great potential for becoming a Nimbus alternative with some feature updates. Maybe V2 could be the first Bricasti sounding Algorithmic reverb :phones:
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Thank you very much for the kind words! :)

Best,
Stian

Just a bump for this sweet verb on sale today for $29! Personally I feel it's underrated.

That's a steal!

Wow that’s a real bargain!! This is my favourite algorithm real space reverb that I’ve tried (and I’ve tried the demos for virtually all of them).

It was a no brainer after reading the SOS review, I didn't even demo it.

Not regretting it either, really great for glueing everything together like a natural room ambience if you mix in enough so its just detectable, EQ going in to taste
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I have the surround version - it is a brilliant reverb.

Nevermind. :dog:

Guess it was just a one day thing.

I hope there is an update coming with the ability to tweak some additional parameters.

Nick

Hi Acon Digital,

I have tried Reverberate today, mainly looking to hear how it sounds for big, long reverb and I'm very impressed.
I've also tried some of the plates and ambiences and again, all the sounds I was able to get were impressive. Reverberate beats my previous favourite reverb plugin and so it's on my shopping list now. This is an amazing sounding reverb plugin!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote:Hi Acon Digital,

I have tried Reverberate today, mainly looking to hear how it sounds for big, long reverb and I'm very impressed.
I've also tried some of the plates and ambiences and again, all the sounds I was able to get were impressive. Reverberate beats my previous favourite reverb plugin and so it's on my shopping list now. This is an amazing sounding reverb plugin!
Yeah, I picked up Acon Digital Verberate recently, and am truly impressed by its sonic purity and simple interface. There's a lot of variety on tap from just 20 controls on a single page, and it really makes me wish all my reverbs had gain controls + hi/low shelving EQs/filters. It's a great addition to my workhorse Valhalla 'verbs.

While we're on the subject, a few feature requests:
- Make interface scalable, not just re-sizeable
- How about some additional late reverb models?
- Tempo-synced pre-delay
- Would be nice to have a spectrogram of reverb output, but not essential
- User skins would be cool!

Thanks to the devs!

I'm trying Verberate some more today...it's just pure class. This reverb is so smooth, so 'acoustic'. I have also tried 2CAudio Breeze2 today as well, and the two are very different, but they complement each other really well. I can see Verberate being used for a lot of acoustic material and Breeze2 for big reverb washes (although Verberate can do them too, albeit with a different, more 'mellow' sound). And of course each plugin can do the whole gamut of reverb sounds, it just they both sound different while doing it. I have to say though, both of those have dethroned VVV for me.

I've been testing these 3 today extensively and I can hear artefacts in VVV which I do not hear in Reverberate and Breeze2. I really did not want to spend any money on more reverb plugins, but it seems like I have no choice.

himalaya wrote:I've been testing these 3 today extensively and I can hear artefacts in VVV which I do not hear in Reverberate and Breeze2. I really did not want to spend any money on more reverb plugins, but it seems like I have no choice.
The artifacts in Valhalla Vintage Verb and some Valhalla Room algorithms are intentional nods to the great '70s & '80s hardware 'verbs. Sometimes that's ideal (I'm an enormous Eno/Lanois/Laswell fan!), other times a more natural real-world sound like Verberate fits better.

Are you referring to the 'COLOR' modes?

I used the 'NOW' mode and here I heard 'boxiness' in VVV which neither the Verberate or Breeze2 had. This was when using a tweaked hall preset (using with a synth sound). I just got a much nicer sound out of the other two.

Return to “Effects”