Acon Digital Verberate - New realistic algorithmic reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate

Hi everybody!

I start this thread regarding our new reverb plug-in upon request from the thread linked below:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=45

For those of you that haven't followed that thread: We are working on a new algorithmic reverb plug-in called Acon Digital Verberate that is currently in beta stage. Verberate uses new methods to achieve very dense reverb tails combined with a realistic simulation of early reflections. Demo versions (with audio drop-outs) are available below (VST for Win32 and Win64 as well as AU and VST for OS X, respectively):

EDIT: Acon Digital Verberate has been released, please see http://acondigital.com/products/verberate/ for more information.

Feedback is still appreciated, though... :-)

Stian
Last edited by stian on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

Hi Stian,

as i'm on os 10.6.8 i cannot try out the demo.
Instead, it would be great if you could provide some audio examples!

32 bit version uses 99% CPU inside FLstudio 11
Win 7 64 Bit
Had to close FL

Arrested Developer wrote:Hi Stian,

as i'm on os 10.6.8 i cannot try out the demo.
Instead, it would be great if you could provide some audio examples!
Thanks, I understand that we really need to address the issue with 10.6 compatibility. We are in the process of making some audio examples. I'll post as soon as we have something ready.

Stian

Totolitoto wrote:32 bit version uses 99% CPU inside FLstudio 11
Win 7 64 Bit
Had to close FL
Thanks for the report! I could easily reproduce that (I wonder what's going on there...). I'll get it fixed ASAP.

Stian

Arrested Developer wrote:Hi Stian, ....... it would be great if you could provide some audio examples!
+1

Did a quick test on work here with Win7 32 bit running Usine Hollyhook, and the plugin used quite a bit of CPU: between 25% and 40% depending on the settings.

I suppose I could create audio examples. On my iPhone in bed now, but when I'm up, what would you like? Ambient, or long decays? Maybe some drums, vocals, and a synth lead?

Any of those initially Theo, personally I'm just interested to get a flavour of ADV - thanks.

Ok I will do them after a sleep. I'm tucked in now typing on my back with droopy eyes lol. Although the bitwig topic kind of just stirred me and woke me up a bit, but its 230 here, and I would only provide examples when fully alert that properly represent the product and do it justice, but I will do them and put them on Dropbox, promise :)

:tu:

Hi again everybody!

Thanks to you, Theo, for offering to produce some demos! I appreciate you help. Meanwhile, I've also compiled a set of audio demos, although still rather limited:

https://soundcloud.com/acondigital/sets/verberate

Stian

bsork wrote:Did a quick test on work here with Win7 32 bit running Usine Hollyhook, and the plugin used quite a bit of CPU: between 25% and 40% depending on the settings.
Thanks for reporting the issue. I see we're almost neighbours, by the way (I live close to Røa). :-) I wasn't even aware of Usine Hollyhook, but I'll check it out with the debugger. These issues all seem related to lacking multichannel support or strange block sizes in the host. FL Studio seems to change block sizes randomly in the range 1(!!!) to around 200 samples - very strange behaviour, indeed...

Stian

I've done the demos, I just need to bounce them and upload them. I realised now I am not keen on this verb for vocals, but it's going to be my first choice by far for drums. Anyway I ended up doing them at like 6am, cause I couldn't sleep, and now I'm like a zombie. I will upload them later today, but they are indeed done. Oh, quickly wanted to clarify something. I had ten instances going, and my 8 threads showed around 15% usage overall. The reverb uses an acceptable amount of cpu. I meant that I had spiking problems when changing parameters. Once the settings are finalised,there is no cpu problem at all.

Stian thanks for your response in the other thread. The reverb seems completely unusable in my older version of Sonar wich is version 8.5 and using my Logitech Skype headphones to test. Soon as i launch the reverb there is a very loud noise that overloads my headphones and this noise continues to happen as i change presets. I can hear the reverb at times but the moment i change parameters the loud overload noise returns. It appears highly unstable in Sonar 8.5. I have not tested it in my newer version Sonar X2 using my SCOPE XITE-1 soundcard and Event Studio Precision 8 monitors but feel it should've worked in the set-up i used wich normally does work with compatible plugins. I don't want to gamble and ruin my main monitors so i'll wait until you investigate and have solution. Like i said before Sonar can be fussy and in my experience new plugins sometimes take longer to get fully stable in Sonar than other DAW's.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Return to “Effects”