New: AD Mangleverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mcnelson wrote:Is it just me, or does that GUI scream "Monark"?
First thing i thought when i opened the thread....maybe it was the same artist.

has yer mother sold 'er mangle?

Kriminal wrote:
mcnelson wrote:Is it just me, or does that GUI scream "Monark"?
First thing i thought when i opened the thread....maybe it was the same artist.
chris already explained it on page 1 ;)

Did Sean Costello (Valhalla DSP) have any hand in the algos?

metalifuxx wrote:Did Sean Costello (Valhalla DSP) have any hand in the algos?
I don't think so, this plugin is based on the Deverb which is a discontinued AD's product released before the collab between Sean Costello and Chris Randall.

No, Sean had nothing to do with this.

Here's some more audio demos done by Phil McHugh...

https://soundcloud.com/digitalbeatsyndr ... mangleverb

-CR

Endor-8o8 wrote:
metalifuxx wrote:Did Sean Costello (Valhalla DSP) have any hand in the algos?
I don't think so, this plugin is based on the Deverb which is a discontinued AD's product released before the collab between Sean Costello and Chris Randall.
Good cause de verb was nice.

This looks absolutely stunning. I wish all plugins looked like this I really do. Just smart and sophisticated and so well laid out it would be a joy to use .

Looks great, sounds great, price is great. Great, there goes another $49. :help:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Crandall1 wrote:@Gosh: It's no big secret that lot of companies our size regularly submit designs to NI at their request, some of which they buy and put in Komplete or as stand-alones. It would be quite a coupe for us to get a product in Komplete, so it's worth expending some effort on. I'm not sure how much more I can say on the subject, as we have a fairly thorough NDA with them. Let me inquire with the Powers-That-Be before I say any further on it, as I don't want to get in trouble. They're very nice people on the whole, and even though they haven't taken one of our designs yet, it's a great exercise and very challenging.
thanks for the explanation, chris. i own komplete and i agree with you that it would be nice to have one or more ad products in there. maybe one more question: will mangleverb be added to the fsu bundle?

Hm, somehow it doesn't scream "buy me!" like ADs plugins usually do to me. In fact, it seems to mirror an FX chain that I frequently use. Now I know that a lot of multi-fx plugins are more than the sum of their parts, which means that you can't get there even if you replicate the signal path and fx chain, but to assess this I would absolutely need to buy it and compare with my other stuff.

This is probably the first AD release that makes me wish they'd offer demos.

ariston wrote:Hm, somehow it doesn't scream "buy me!" like ADs plugins usually do to me. In fact, it seems to mirror an FX chain that I frequently use. Now I know that a lot of multi-fx plugins are more than the sum of their parts, which means that you can't get there even if you replicate the signal path and fx chain, but to assess this I would absolutely need to buy it and compare with my other stuff.

This is probably the first AD release that makes me wish they'd offer demos.
Same here, I own a lot of their products but this one doesn't click with me too. The demos sound much like a big lfo and some reverb here and there but not convincing, no particular personality to my ears. Seems I can get that kind of effect with what I already have in my arsenal...I recently bought Bitcom and I'm glad with it but this one, I think I'll pass...

It's really good, you should get it. A versatile tool.

foosnark wrote:It's really good, you should get it. A versatile tool.
Do you have any more details ?

I like AD stuff, this looks very cool. My only complaint with your stuff though is that the filters you use sound a little dull and boring to me.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:I like AD stuff, this looks very cool. My only complaint with your stuff though is that the filters you use sound a little dull and boring to me.
I have the same feeling about it, this is one of the thing that keeps me from buying it. Also the reverb sounds too muddy for me judging by the sound demos.

Return to “Effects”