2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

Arts Acoustic can sound plenty metallic, and Redline can sound smooth if you dampen the highs a bit.

I think Breeze is a decent reverb for the price. Whether it can do anything the other reverbs I already have can't do, that I don't know, but I'll keep testing.

I would say it does sound a bit cold, but in the context of actual mix use (as opposed to pushing it in various ways to try to expose its weaknesses) I think it doesn't fare significantly worse than most of the other reverbs out there in plug-in land. It's true that Shimmer and Eos cost less, though.

I haven't tried the Lexi plugs or that new 480L emu because I have no iLok, but so far Flux Verb comes out ahead to my ears compared to all the other plug-ins I've tried, including Aether, which I own. OTOH, it costs $900. :-o
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Ok, so we have totally different ears.

Redline can not sound unmetallic on vocals, it;s impossible, Arts acoustic is NOT metallic whatsoever, and the flux is pure shite. So there you go!

by the way aar sounds GRAINY in the highs, the only ones that don't are the lexicons, but metallic it is not.

ttoz wrote:Ok, so we have totally different ears.

Redline can not sound unmetallic on vocals, it;s impossible, Arts acoustic is NOT metallic whatsoever, and the flux is pure shite. So there you go!
+1 on AAR, and AAR can make some huge reflections as much as Aether can.

Ha ha, apparently.

:)

That's fine, though. We also have different rooms, speakers, amps, and I don't produce anything with vocals so that may have something to do with the difference of opinion (and that's all it is, in either of our cases).

Are you really saying that Redline still sounds metallic with all the highs dialed out? How is that possible?
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

This is exactly what I was looking for.

You Dev's gotta slow down on the new products. You're killing my wallet. I'm embarrassed to say how much I've spent on new plugins in the last few months.

Couldn't be happier though.

Seriously, for somebody who doesn't own aether yet this looks beautiful.

A.M. Gold wrote:

Are you really saying that Redline still sounds metallic with all the highs dialed out? How is that possible?
depends on the source. On vocals, yes, always.

On certain drums, no. On certain instr, yes.

Tell me, why do you think metallic comes only from highs? What gives you that idea?

Because highs are where I hear metallic qualities (at least the ones that bother me). Where do you hear them?

actually i find them even more pronounced in the lows

Ok, then we are probably talking about something different. I'm not sure if there is a fully authenticated definition of metallic in the audio sense. If you know of one, maybe you could point me to it.

BTW, I just tried that cheap TC M30 on some piano and I do think I like it better than Breeze, thought it has even fewer controls.

I'd also like to say that, IMO, no plug-in reverb I've tried, either algo or convo, has really done that much justice to the beauty of a nice acoustic space. I think they all have weaknesses, and it's probably the case that some of them are going to bother some people and others will bother other people. I just haven't found a plug-in that really makes my jaw drop, so I speak of all of them in qualified terms. IRCAM has been the one that has sounded the most to me like a natural space.

I've heard a studio owner say it has nearly replaced their Lexi 960L. As to whether it really sounds like "shite" in the ears of the pro studio owning target market, I think the litmus test will be obvious---the price will come down dramatically.

Galbanum wrote:
Sequent wrote:Maybe give Shimmer a try?

(sorry, Andrew, for mentioning it twice in this thread. :( )
Hey no problem. I think Shimmer is cool, and I like Sean. Cool guy.

Breeze and Shimmer are VERY different. Aether can do the type of thing that Shimmer does well much better than Breeze can. Breeze generally does not venture into FX-verb territory too much. Not nearly as much as Aether can... Shimmer does not seem to really excel at realistic small spaces (Chambers, Rooms, etc.). Breeze does this VERY well.

Shimmer and Breeze would be complimentary, not competitive...

Just have to add that Shimmer, Aether and Breeze ALL compliment each other very well, and yes Sean is a cool guy (but so is Andrew (sorry I have not had any conversations with Denis, but I'm sure he's a cool guy too!).

Hey ttoz, have you tried Reflect 2.0 ?

(I enjoyed your... original/true view on the reverbs mentioned here so I'd like to know how you like this)

Kevin63101 wrote:
audiosabre wrote:... "downgrade" pricing (is) completely unacceptable ...

I'm understanding Breeze to be a different reverb product, not a limited version of Aether.

Breeze claims to offer features that Aether doesn't (interface, different processing method resulting in lower CPU and other features). If these aren't useful for your purposes, then pass on it.
To address your first point; Breeze 'day' GUIs say Aether on the info page. I don't know what that says to you, but my intuition tells me this product was going to be Aether lite.

I already passed on Breeze. I don't see the lower CPU consumption claimed by 2C and some other users, which was what sparked my interest. Plus the sound isn't there. It's only because of the respect I have for Andrew and Denis that I feel I should be honest about what I feel. As with Breeze, take it or leave it.

One final point by me and I'll stop bringing negativity into this thread. Those that bought Aether @ v1.5 haven't had the same level of 'goodwill' as those who bought at v1. Just something to consider.

That's me done. I don't want to sh!t in everyones' cornflakes any longer.

John

audiosabre wrote: To address your first point; Breeze 'day' GUIs say Aether on the info page. I don't know what that says to you, but my intuition tells me this product was going to be Aether lite.
In the retail or in the beta??

This was in the beta before I made a breeze logo, but it should have been replaced....

was it not??!? checking...

Return to “Effects”