2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

Thanks Kevin. We agree basically 100% and your explanation is very clear.
Kevin63101 wrote:Tough crowd here. The 1.5 freebie upgrade wasn't enough goodwill?
...one would hope...
Kevin63101 wrote: Aether is EXTREMELY easy. Assuming you don't want to tweak tons of parameters from scratch:
1) go to preset page
2) choose one of the numerous presets
3) edit "size", "mix" and "time".

How much easier can it get?

Exactly... and/or use the Space Type and Frequency Profile macros. See the "Getting Started" section in the manual for details.
Kevin63101 wrote: I'm understanding Breeze to be a different reverb product, not a limited version of Aether.
Breeze claims to offer features that Aether doesn't (interface, different processing method resulting in lower CPU and other features). If these aren't useful for your purposes, then pass on it.

Yup. Breeze is its own product. Note we say Aether's cousin, not brother, or son... Apples and oranges--both are fruit and both are desirable, but they have their differences. If Aether is like a power drill, Breeze is like a screw-driver... Use the right tool for the right job... We think you will ultimately want to use both.
Kevin63101 wrote: IMO they might have better marketed these new features integrated into Aether 2.0 and charged the same price as an upgrade. Then they could have offered an "Aether lite" version with severely limited features and upgrade path. But instead they are offering 2 separate products -- which you can buy either or both.

All things are possible... but this it the best path. Breeze is it's own entity. There will be an Aether 2.0 in the future, and it WILL be a paid upgrade. It will offer more power, more complexity, more options, and more "moreness" all around. Aether is about achieving the ultimate result, and offers the most extreme possible choices. It is 100% over-engineered, and we are very proud of that. We will evolve it even further in this direction with more possibilities. You will eventually see this in 2.0.

They are not the same product. Breeze is not "Aether Lite". We thought about making an "Aether Light", which BTW would still be a paid product of course, but ultimately we felt this path was better. You will likely agree with us shortly... The marketing text on the web is just preliminary at the moment. I will expand it and make it more thorough and explain the differences between and position of Breeze and Aether more clearly...

Additionally, and ultimately perhaps for Aether users, it should be noted that Breeze has it's own sound. The algorithm has some significant differences from Aether, and can do some things Aether can not do at this exact moment. And Aether can do a ton of things Breeze can not do. It is widely documented that people's tastes in reverb vary drastically. (I think that should pretty obvious from this forum.) If you want to get really deep into this subject, there is no better book than this:

http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/de ... &tid=10947

...As such. Aether users should consider Breeze as simply a different flavor/spice/tool. Use the right flavor/spice/tool for the job. You can decide which is best for you. We only give you options.

If you really must pick only one:

If you are scoring/mixing/engineering the next hollywood blockbuster using the a powerful multi-core workstation, use Aether.

If you are a artist/producer working on a track outside on your MacBook Air, or performing live, etc. Use Breeze.

But even better to have both (even if you are a hardcore pro engineer--we don't make products we are not proud to use ourselves, and Breeze is no exception), and simply use them as different tools/flavors/sounds in your toolbox/arsenal...

Kevin63101 wrote: Bottom line, I see 2CAudio as trying to offer solutions to user requests at a reasonable price that supports their business. The market will determine if Breeze earns the asking price the way Aether successfully did.
amen.
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

wish i could afford aether, but just cannot...i really only want it for the mega-long ambient tails

got really excited about this, but the reverb time has been capped...none of that 'infinite' glory....

looks like a nice reverb, all the same, just not for me

Simpler is quite often better. Like Valhalla's Shimmer, which is dead simple to use, sounds absolutely fabulous, and takes up hardly any cpu cycles at all so that you can get quite creative in using multiple instances, etc. It's probably the most useful $50 I've spent in quite some time as far as music is concerned! Though granted it's geared mainly for creating certain types of spaces.

Breeze sounds like an interesting alternative to or addition to Aether, which is in itself definitely a top of the line effect. Breeze sounds like it might be useful for people wanting to run multiple instances within a project or on notebooks that might not have as many resources available, etc. As such I'm sure it's going to be useful to quite a lot of people, and I myself would be interested in it as perhaps a more efficient alternative to Aether especially on the notebook side. I hope it does well for you, Andrew!

As an Aether user, I'm certainly not expecting it for free and $99 is not too terribly expensive. Though it would be nice to have some sort of discount price for current customers. Perhaps even if it were to be for a short period. Perhaps an introductory discount for current customers or something. :)
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Maybe give Shimmer a try?

(sorry, Andrew, for mentioning it twice in this thread. :( )
ebow wrote:wish i could afford aether, but just cannot...i really only want it for the mega-long ambient tails

got really excited about this, but the reverb time has been capped...none of that 'infinite' glory....

Sequent wrote: As an Aether user, I'm certainly not expecting it for free and $99 is not too terribly expensive. Though it would be nice to have some sort of discount price for current customers. Perhaps even if it were to be for a short period. Perhaps an introductory discount for current customers or something. :)
We do. It is $74.95 for all existing Aether customers until the end of the year. And a large number of them have already ordered in the first 10 hours.. :)

$99.95 is the public (non-Aether-customer) Holiday/Intro price. It also expires at the end of the year. I will make this info more public very shortly. Remember technically, we did not even publicly announce this yet. We only offered it to Aether customers so far...

...but, well you know... the internet and stuff.... :D

speedyd wrote:
klagga wrote:
JeffSanders wrote:Pffft...should be free for Aether customers a la PSP Mastercomp and MicroComp. Fail.
+1
I agree.

I think it would have been a good move to give a light version like Breeze to the existing customers for free like PSP does it. I own Aether and the 2 preset packs already, so I am not shure if Breeze has any advantage, also cpu tax still seems quite high or not ?
I am not shure if Breeze is different enough to justify another purchase for existing customers, although 75 dollars really is not a lot of money - even for a hobby musician.

For new customers Breeze seems to be a reasonable prized alternative to Aether.
+1

Sequent wrote:Maybe give Shimmer a try?

Hey no problem. I think Shimmer is cool, and I like Sean. Cool guy.

Breeze and Shimmer are VERY different. Aether can do the type of thing that Shimmer does well much better than Breeze can. Breeze generally does not venture into FX-verb territory too much. Not nearly as much as Aether can... Shimmer does not seem to really excel at realistic small spaces (Chambers, Rooms, etc.). Breeze does this VERY well.

Shimmer and Breeze would be complimentary, not competitive...

kmonkey wrote:
ttoz wrote:
i think the tsar is overrated expensive crap. Check how grainy the highs are. You have to highpass it to an extreme to get any smoothness out of it. A cpu muncher, and the density is almost impossible to get correct in a mix.

And Breeze is no where near the quality of AAR.
Funny...I always agree to everything you say about reverb plugins. It seems we have similar taste. I also didn't liked TSAR because of weird highs.

Anyway...Breeze seems promising. It is in initial release. IMHO we should give it a breath or two..Honestly i am not happy with it at current state but 2C seems to know their job. I am going to put my focus on this product.
I guess I understand where you are coming from.. But like Andrew said himself, Breeze is not a baby aether and has a different sound. I guess I am just not digging that sound. It's very very very digital. Not that that's bad.. But.. You know, I am comparing it to the $35 TC electronics M30 Hall and i think the TC one is better...(was once a freebie)... and eos, i think eos is better, and aar, i think aar is better, and RP verb, i think rp verb is better. Maybe Breeze has it's own little niche and i need to test it more, cause at least i can say it definitely has it's own sound. The thing is whether to grab it for $74.95 before years end... I don't think we'll see drastic changes before then, so it's a gamble i guess.

Maybe I've just been spoiled by aether and the lexicon verbs.

As a side note to Andrew...

Were emails sent out to all existing Aether customers? Nothing received here. If you recall, I also didn't get the notification about the 1.5 update, which makes me a bit worried now.

When you have a chance, could you double-check your info on your end? I would hate to miss out on future info coming from Galbanum and especially info on purchasing the 2.0 update once that happens at some point in the future! Of course... NOT NOW but sometime when things have settled down a bit (you mentioned just having worked 24 hours straight, yipes!)

I can pm you in a few days. I can also send all relative purchase info, etc. THANKS!

Galbanum wrote:We have now announced it to existing Aether customers... We will release it officially to the public tomorrow most likely--maybe tonight--but i just worked 24 hours straigt and I need to sleep a little first...

But if you know the link, it is back online now.

We just want to do some more web work before sending out to the rest of the world... So consider web text and images temporary at the moment... Demos are online...

ttoz wrote:
I guess I understand where you are coming from.. But like Andrew said himself, Breeze is not a baby aether and has a different sound. I guess I am just not digging that sound. It's very very very digital. Not that that's bad.. But.. You know, I am comparing it to the $35 TC electronics M30 Hall and i think the TC one is better...(was once a freebie)... and eos, i think eos is better, and aar, i think aar is better, and RP verb, i think rp verb is better. Maybe Breeze has it's own little niche and i need to test it more, cause at least i can say it definitely has it's own sound. The thing is whether to grab it for $74.95 before years end... I don't think we'll see drastic changes before then, so it's a gamble i guess.

Maybe I've just been spoiled by aether and the lexicon verbs.
TTOZ, I am guessing from reading/remembering previous statements, that your personal tastes seem to gravitate towards heavy (chorus-like, pitch/FM) modulation in reverbs. The verbs you like all seem to do this to medium-to-high degrees, including many presets in Aether.

Modulation in Breeze is less obvious in this regard--some might argue more natural. I am not a purist, and I think both options are cool. Again, the right tool for the right job. But to achieve the type of modulation that you experience in Aether (& others) you will need to turn Mod Depth WAY up (>75%) in Breeze. Below ~25% in Breeze should not give any significant/perceivable chorus/pitch-fm/mod. Around ~50% will give a good balance and is around the ripe area for various popular classic hardware devices. This is different than Aether. 50% in Aether is already quite extreme in this sense. (though these things also depend on other things such as the rate/period setting...)

...they are not the same product...

Please no PMs regarding info requests, questions, or support issues. Please use email for that. I can not check PMs on all forums in any efficient manner, and I want to be sure to get you the info you need. If you use email both myself and Denis will be able to respond.

info a t 2 c audio dot com
support a t 2 c audio dot com

Thank you for understanding...

Sequent wrote:Maybe give Shimmer a try?

ebow wrote:wish i could afford aether, but just cannot...i really only want it for the mega-long ambient tails

hahaha....i've had shimmer' for a month, or so....loooove it...between that, spacemaster II and 'space designer', i think i'm sorted

had 'breeze' included the 'infinite' feedback, i think i'd have still got it at some point

who knows...one day, once all the other plugs have been bought, i might still 'spring' :roll: for another reverb (aether)

Galbanum wrote:Shimmer does not seem to really excel at realistic small spaces (Chambers, Rooms, etc.).
True enough.
Shimmer and Breeze would be complimentary, not competitive...
Celebrating Algorithmic Diversity! TM

Congratulations on the release of Breeze!

Sean Costello

Is anyone seeing an improvement in CPU usage on OSX after installing the hotfix.

I did a before & after test in Ableton Live using exactly the same preset with an audio clip and I'm seeing no difference at all?

Cheers,

Alan

I owe Andrew an apology I thought there was no high pass filter.. I am sorry I missed it.

Anyway since my last post all i've done is compare these 6 verbs over 4 different sources:

Space Designer
Aether
Redline
Arts Acoustic
LX40
M30
Breeze

Unfortunately Breeze has the metallic quality of redline that's hard to shake off. In fact they are similar reverbs, with redline literally using 25% of the cpu of Breeze.

I am trying to dig it, but it's just not happening.

Return to “Effects”