2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

John-E34 wrote:As stated in the official email:

"Breeze is anywhere from 1/2 to 1/8 the CPU usage of Aether depending on settings"

I cannot see anywhere near 'half' the cpu usage... maybe 10% less...

It just seems to be a 'cut down' version of Aether, and as I already own a copy, can't really see the point...

Maybe I missed something.
Did you missed Hot patch update for Aether 1.5.1 fix ?

pwal wrote:AriesVerb 1.0 is planned for the second half of 2009.
vapourware? the site says 0.7.5?

Short answer... It has not been updated for a while, and I am disturbed by the lack of progress.

But the version I handed over my cash for, works as promised, and still amazes me with it's flexibility, and minuscule cpu usage.

thx for the info john - i hadn't heard of it so checked out their site...

Both RRP and "downgrade" pricing are completely unacceptable in my humble end user opinion. Respect has been downed a few notches. Sincerely, that's a real shame. I really wish it were different, but that's the God's honest truth :(

What a difference a day makes. Good luck anyway :tu:

John

ZINO wrote:
John-E34 wrote:I've settled on just three reverb's:

Aether - Best quality, but high cpu.
AAR - Great all rounder, low to mid cpu.
AriesVerb (payware) - Ultra low cpu, can be used everywhere...

Breeze could compete with AAR, but would have to equal it on cpu usage.

It's not quite there yet, but I'm keeping a close eye on it. :wink:
TSAR - Best quality, needs a server room.
i think the tsar is overrated expensive crap. Check how grainy the highs are. You have to highpass it to an extreme to get any smoothness out of it. A cpu muncher, and the density is almost impossible to get correct in a mix.

And Breeze is no where near the quality of AAR.

"The only complaints we receive about Aether these days are:
1) It is more complex than some people need
2) It uses too much CPU power for some systems"

I agree with 1).

Since I find Aether rather lacking in user friendliness, which for me makes the reverb almost unusable, I'd rather have a user friendly Aether, than having to pay 75$ extra for a user friendly reverb from the same company.

Of course, since I've already paid for Aether, getting Breeze for free would also be a solution.
Last edited by klagga on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What I find strange about breeze is that it seems to not include the early reflections algorithms (maybe I'm wrong?). The early reflections in Aether use hardly any cpu at all, it's the late where it uses all the cpu. So I feel like a cut down Aether should still have most of the ER ability.

But to be honest, as much as I'd like an Eco version of Aether, I wouldn't pay 75 extra dollars for it.

klagga wrote:Since I find Aether rather lacking in user friendliness, which for me makes the reverb almost unusable, I'd rather have a user friendly Aether, than having to pay 99$ extra for a user friendly reverb from the same company.

Of course, since I've already paid for Aether, getting Breeze for free would also be a solution.
Hm... isn't the most obvious solution to sell Aether and buy Breeze then? Problem solved.

jensa wrote:
klagga wrote:Since I find Aether rather lacking in user friendliness, which for me makes the reverb almost unusable, I'd rather have a user friendly Aether, than having to pay 99$ extra for a user friendly reverb from the same company.

Hm... isn't the most obvious solution to sell Aether and buy Breeze then? Problem solved.
+1
[Insert Signature Here]

Pffft...should be free for Aether customers a la PSP Mastercomp and MicroComp. Fail.

JeffSanders wrote:Pffft...should be free for Aether customers a la PSP Mastercomp and MicroComp. Fail.
+1

ttoz wrote:
i think the tsar is overrated expensive crap. Check how grainy the highs are. You have to highpass it to an extreme to get any smoothness out of it. A cpu muncher, and the density is almost impossible to get correct in a mix.

And Breeze is no where near the quality of AAR.
Funny...I always agree to everything you say about reverb plugins. It seems we have similar taste. I also didn't liked TSAR because of weird highs.

Anyway...Breeze seems promising. It is in initial release. IMHO we should give it a breath or two..Honestly i am not happy with it at current state but 2C seems to know their job. I am going to put my focus on this product.

Tough crowd here. The 1.5 freebie upgrade wasn't enough goodwill?
Since I find Aether rather lacking in user friendliness, which for me makes the reverb almost unusable, I'd rather have a user friendly Aether, than having to pay 99$ extra for a user friendly reverb from the same company.
Aether is EXTREMELY easy. Assuming you don't want to tweak tons of parameters from scratch:
1) go to preset page
2) choose one of the numerous presets
3) edit "size", "mix" and "time".

How much easier can it get?
... "downgrade" pricing (is) completely unacceptable ...

I'm understanding Breeze to be a different reverb product, not a limited version of Aether.

Breeze claims to offer features that Aether doesn't (interface, different processing method resulting in lower CPU and other features). If these aren't useful for your purposes, then pass on it.

IMO they might have better marketed these new features integrated into Aether 2.0 and charged the same price as an upgrade. Then they could have offered an "Aether lite" version with severely limited features and upgrade path. But instead they are offering 2 separate products -- which you can buy either or both.

Bottom line, I see 2CAudio as trying to offer solutions to user requests at a reasonable price that supports their business. The market will determine if Breeze earns the asking price the way Aether successfully did.

klagga wrote:
JeffSanders wrote:Pffft...should be free for Aether customers a la PSP Mastercomp and MicroComp. Fail.
+1
I agree.

I think it would have been a good move to give a light version like Breeze to the existing customers for free like PSP does it. I own Aether and the 2 preset packs already, so I am not shure if Breeze has any advantage, also cpu tax still seems quite high or not ?
I am not shure if Breeze is different enough to justify another purchase for existing customers, although 75 dollars really is not a lot of money - even for a hobby musician.

For new customers Breeze seems to be a reasonable prized alternative to Aether.

the psp stuff wasn't exactly free. Paid updates.
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Effects”