2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

There are GUI enhancements as well:
  • Retina Display Support on OSX
  • HiDPI Display Support on WIN (in supported hosts)
  • There are over 30 different GUI sizes for P and B!
  • Using Multi-Instnace Editing and Selectiion sync means you really don't need more than one GUI editor open, so you can use a larger GUI size and get a much nicer UI experience than with using lots of tiny GUIs. 1440*1440 in Precedence is great on a 4K display for exmaple.
  • There are over 300 color presets, and you can browse them from the MAIN page of the GUI by clicking on the Nav bar C/P/* (color/preset/instance) button.
  • There is a new font scaling adjustment slider on the INFO page. At larger sizes I like setting this to close to the min value. looks very equloquent and modern IMHO.

From the email:
Today, after many months of hard work, we are ready to share with you the fruits of our labor and give you a sneak peak of Precedence 1.5 and Breeze 2.5. These are very major updates which deliver our full vision for fully automatic Precedence Link via inter-plugin communication as promised, but that's only a small part of what we have accomplished! We always aim to deliver more than promised and today we have a big surprise for you!

We have developed a truly next-generation spatial mixing environment that integrates many instances of Precedence and Breeze and allows them to function as a unified virtual acoustic space. We have introduced Multi-Instance Editing, Edit Groups, Global Broadcast, Selection Sync, and more. These features allow a single GUI editor to control tens or even hundreds of Linked instances of Precedence and Breeze, enabling edits to parameter data from all instances within an Edit Group. You can manage the spatial mixing of an entire orchestra from a single shared GUI editor for example! You can even make preset changes en masse for the entire group, while maintaining relative positions for each instance! This system represents a huge leap in the evolution of spatial mixing!

Precedence 1.5 and Breeze 2.5 will be officially released in August, and will be free updates to existing customers of these products. They are available to try today in a public-customer-beta form, to allow users to get a sneak peak and help provide any additional feedback during our Big Splash Summer event. The full manual for these updates is available today, and goes into great detail to help explain the tremendous benefits of the advances this work represents. Full marketing materials and videos will be available at official launch time in August, but we wanted to share this work with you, our loyal customers, first as your previous feedback already helped design this system.

We expect all functional DSP to perfectly stable in both products, and it should be safe to immediately replace instances in your working sessions with these builds. If you continue to use the traditional Independent instance workflow as you have been so far, there should be no stability concerns that we are aware of. We are primarily interested in feedback on and additional stress testing of the new inter-plugin communication and multi-instance editing topics in all host and OS combinations as these are newly developed and involve rather complex coding. The public beta phase is designed to ensure these new systems are ready for mission critical work upon the official launch in August. This is also your chance to offer any last minute suggestions. We are listening!

The download links for the betas are found in the My Downloads area of the Designer Sound web-store together with the current retail versions.

Note that the ENTIRE Breeze algorithm updates in response to changes to position in Precedence. If it were convolution, this would effectively mean there is an entirely different impulse response from the reverb engine for every single (infinite) possible position within Precedence. We are NOT simply adjusting wet/dry level, and pre-delay. The ENTIRE alg changes and updates. Something like an algorithmic "Multiple Impulse Response" system!

Note you can also use Alg-Randomize in Breeze with Global Broadcast. i.e. you can create random variations of a given preset for every instance within the Group! Actually this is already true automatically even without using Alg-Randomize, but alg-randomize can create even larger variations.

Note Global Broadcast also does NOT enforce sync between group members. It gives you a way to establish sync (i.e. turn it on, change a preset -- it is then applied to the whole group), then turn it off, and perhaps make per-instnace variations if needed. (i.e. maybe the mod depth is too high on a acoustic piano track, or maybe you'd like to set the eq filter differently for a particular track, etc. ) So you can instantly change 100 instances to have (variations of!) the same Preset, but you can then tweak individual instruments as needed.

And indeed All Position DATA remain unchanged! Distance and Angle and a few others won't change. So:
  • Breeze establishes virtual acoustic space/environment.
  • Precedence positions everything within this environment and functions as the control center to manage working with many instances.
This is an incredibly powerful system and is completely unique to the market in everything it accomplishes. It will take a little time to understand the full implications of it. We will make videos etc to help the learning process.

The next month of so, is the customer-beta period while we collect additional feedback and notes about behavior in all the weird and wonderful host and OS combinations out there, so things are rock solid and ready for mission critical projects in August. (and they should already be more or less solid already, but we want to be extra sure since it is a lot of new complex "systems code" magic.)

New customers can install these versions or the Breeze 2.1 and Precedence 1.0 versions during this phase, as they wish. Personally i'd just jump in immediately with 2.5 and 1.5. :tu:

Andrew Souter wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm From the email:
Today, after many months of hard work, we are ready to share with you the fruits of our labor and give you a sneak peak of Precedence 1.5 and Breeze 2.5. These are very major updates which deliver our full vision for fully automatic Precedence Link via inter-plugin communication as promised, but that's only a small part of what we have accomplished! We always aim to deliver more than promised and today we have a big surprise for you!

We have developed a truly next-generation spatial mixing environment that integrates many instances of Precedence and Breeze and allows them to function as a unified virtual acoustic space. We have introduced Multi-Instance Editing, Edit Groups, Global Broadcast, Selection Sync, and more. These features allow a single GUI editor to control tens or even hundreds of Linked instances of Precedence and Breeze, enabling edits to parameter data from all instances within an Edit Group. You can manage the spatial mixing of an entire orchestra from a single shared GUI editor for example! You can even make preset changes en masse for the entire group, while maintaining relative positions for each instance! This system represents a huge leap in the evolution of spatial mixing!

Precedence 1.5 and Breeze 2.5 will be officially released in August, and will be free updates to existing customers of these products. They are available to try today in a public-customer-beta form, to allow users to get a sneak peak and help provide any additional feedback during our Big Splash Summer event. The full manual for these updates is available today, and goes into great detail to help explain the tremendous benefits of the advances this work represents. Full marketing materials and videos will be available at official launch time in August, but we wanted to share this work with you, our loyal customers, first as your previous feedback already helped design this system.

We expect all functional DSP to perfectly stable in both products, and it should be safe to immediately replace instances in your working sessions with these builds. If you continue to use the traditional Independent instance workflow as you have been so far, there should be no stability concerns that we are aware of. We are primarily interested in feedback on and additional stress testing of the new inter-plugin communication and multi-instance editing topics in all host and OS combinations as these are newly developed and involve rather complex coding. The public beta phase is designed to ensure these new systems are ready for mission critical work upon the official launch in August. This is also your chance to offer any last minute suggestions. We are listening!

The download links for the betas are found in the My Downloads area of the Designer Sound web-store together with the current retail versions.
When was this sent? I didn't receive it, i just got a ad for a sale. Congratulations!
Really looking forward to using the new features.

it's in that email. second section. ;-)

Andrew Souter wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:19 pm it's in that email. second section. ;-)
Oops...
I’ll re read it.
Thanks Andrew :)

Andrew Souter wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:15 pm Note that the ENTIRE Breeze algorithm updates in response to changes to position in Precedence.
Yes, I could all day watch Breeze updating its IR while I tweak Precedence - pure (DSP) magic!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:54 pm
Andrew Souter wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:15 pm Note that the ENTIRE Breeze algorithm updates in response to changes to position in Precedence.
Yes, I could all day watch Breeze updating its IR while I tweak Precedence - pure (DSP) magic!
in fact every human who has ever lived could update it once per femtosecond from the big bang until now (and probably until the end of the universe), and no one would ever encounter exactly the same result. :borg:

cue "weird science", music. :D
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great update, great concept of workflow across Precedence and Breeze...

What does the recently added switch on the lower right corner of Breeze 2.5 do?

Regards,
tl.

tl wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:59 pm Great update, great concept of workflow across Precedence and Breeze...
Thanks!
tl wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:59 pm What does the recently added switch on the lower right corner of Breeze 2.5 do?

Regards,
tl.
It is the same button/parameter/functionality at the mix/balance switch in the standard mode view.

Left/mix: -- normal "dry" input is mixed with the reverb output

right/balance: spatialization is applied to the dry signal, as well, and this is mixed with the reverb output, effectively allowing you to control the balance between early energy and late energy.

Andrew Souter wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:33 pm
tl wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:59 pm What does the recently added switch on the lower right corner of Breeze 2.5 do?

Regards,
tl.
It is the same button/parameter/functionality at the mix/balance switch in the standard mode view.

Left/mix: -- normal "dry" input is mixed with the reverb output

right/balance: spatialization is applied to the dry signal, as well, and this is mixed with the reverb output, effectively allowing you to control the balance between early energy and late energy.
OK. :tu:

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:11 pm
Does this work in hosts that sandbox plugins too? (eg Bitwig, Reaper - if you set it)
Sorry for replying so late - I just tried it and it works in Reaper too
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Very powerful system indeed. Precedence + Breeze =quite amazing possibility...

İt is like a game to position the acoustics with instruments, sometimes weird things can be done.. Quite interesting approach.

Thanks to Andrew, and Denis for a such amazing product again...

DavidCarlyon wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:13 pm Finally bought breeze - i have most of the best reverbs (apart from illusion) and i have to say breeze is one of the most impressive. Even compared to other 2c products it stands up really well. At first i thought it was just a kind of 'stripped down' version of their other stuff, but it seems more sophisticated in many ways.
Can't wait for the new updates...really hope to get precedence before sale ends.
Thanks for the compliments! (re-routed from the Precedence thread).

Breeze 2 is of course is our latest verb, and it does indeed include many of our newest ideas on reverb and spatialization. It's not surprising that it may seem even more sophisticated than Aether or B2 in some circumstances.

The pairing of Precedence and Breeze 2, using linked 1:1 instances direct on track inserts is likely our most powerful solution for real-instrument/acoustic/orchestral/human music styles at the moment. It represents a very powerful paradigm shift. We hope to make this more clear later in the month with tutorial videos etc that make the whole system completely clear to everyone.

In short, i'd tend to agree with your observations. ;-)

hm, haven't really used precedence yet.

Return to “Effects”