2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

Audiority's Xenoverb also has a nice shimmer algorithm.

I love Breeze 2 for shimmer though, it can create this ethereal clarity, just gorgeous. Use the most transparent EQ you have. I usually use Kilohearts pitch shifter, it has a nice grain control and correlation algorithm that works really well with it.

It seems 2.1 had some interesting improvements like "suspend on silence".
Btw. how does Breeze compare to the newer Exponential Audio reverbs Nimbus or R4?

FYI 2.5 is coming shortly with even more interesting improvements... Together with Precedence 1.5... :tu: This combination is quite magical as you will see and hopefully agree. :hug:

Woo-hoo!

Andrew Souter wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 am FYI 2.5 is coming shortly with even more interesting improvements... Together with Precedence 1.5... :tu: This combination is quite magical as you will see and hopefully agree. :hug:
Good news!
@ Andrew is there be any kind of upgrade price for people that already have Breeze and want to add Precedence or should I wait for the next 2-CAudio sale?
I held off initially because it seemed a bit complicated to set up and use but it seems you've made it a bit easier to use(P-Link) than the initial release.
Thanks
KG
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

FYI 2.5 is coming shortly with even more interesting improvements... Together with Precedence 1.5... :tu: This combination is quite magical as you will see and hopefully agree. :hug:
Thanks Andrew :)

A chance to test a beta version for registered users ? please please please

Thx

Clement

Trying Breeze 2.1 demo for OSX. The demo limitation is just one instance of breeze at the same time? IF so, this is most stupid demo limitation for reverb I have ever seen.

or you can use a pitch shifting delay before reverb set to 100% wet. maybe

4damind wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:13 pm It seems 2.1 had some interesting improvements like "suspend on silence".
Btw. how does Breeze compare to the newer Exponential Audio reverbs Nimbus or R4?
I have all three 2CAudio reverbs plus EA R4, and demo'd Nimbus recently. Note that Nimbus has no (adjustable) modulation so is best for realistic room/space duties.

Many Breeze presets have a lot of interesting detail in the high end that I find more suited to spacious music where the reverb is meant to be noticed...But that top-end sheen is one of the first things you'd cut for "Abbey Road" type reverb meant for blending.
Breeze's visual display is great for sculpting ERs and the attack phase of a reverb, but on the downside adjusting most controls in realtime causes audible clicks and noise. Of course there's the synergy with Precedence in terms of panning/placement.

R4 has more modulation options (including Density and the Pre/ER/LR filters in addition to Chorus/Random) plus bit reduction, compression, and ducking - not to mention tempo-synced Predelay and Reverb Delay. Like the Lexicon PCM plugins (which EA's Michael Carnes also developed) it's possible to make dark R4 reverbs audible without making them loud, which is pretty rare IMO in algo-plugin land.

Winstontaneous wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:25 pm
4damind wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:13 pm It seems 2.1 had some interesting improvements like "suspend on silence".
I have all three 2CAudio reverbs plus EA R4, and demo'd Nimbus recently. Note that Nimbus has no (adjustable) modulation so is best for realistic room/space duties.

Many Breeze presets have a lot of interesting detail in the high end that I find more suited to spacious music where the reverb is meant to be noticed...But that top-end sheen is one of the first things you'd cut for "Abbey Road" type reverb meant for blending.
Breeze's visual display is great for sculpting ERs and the attack phase of a reverb, but on the downside adjusting most controls in realtime causes audible clicks and noise. Of course there's the synergy with Precedence in terms of panning/placement.

R4 has more modulation options (including Density and the Pre/ER/LR filters in addition to Chorus/Random) plus bit reduction, compression, and ducking - not to mention tempo-synced Predelay and Reverb Delay. Like the Lexicon PCM plugins (which EA's Michael Carnes also developed) it's possible to make dark R4 reverbs audible without making them loud, which is pretty rare IMO in algo-plugin land.
Yes, I had the demo of Breeze2 running and noticed this clicks and noise while using the controls. Unfortunately the demo runs only for 30 min, so there was not the time for deeper testing.
I never liked EA for this (for my taste) too clean and transparent sound which worked not very well on synths which benefits from a bit modulation and "chorusing". It seems that only R4 is more comparable to Breeze if we speak about more modulation options and a more "modulated" reverb tail?
I still search for a HQ reverb and besides Lexicon PCM, I though that R4 (or Nimbus) or Breeze could be a good candidat ;)

I would suggest to try (and perhaps subsequently go for) B2 and wait/ hope for B Tutu. I assume it will be their next release after this Precedence / Breeze update.
(Afaik B2 and Breeze 1 share a lot of code)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm hoping the next version of Breeze 2 will be compatible with Cubase 9.5.
I've had to roll back to v2.0.3 :(
Precedence is the only 2C plugin that makes it past the blacklist.
devastated.

jens wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:36 pm I would suggest to try (and perhaps subsequently go for) B2 and wait/ hope for B Tutu. I assume it will be their next release after this Precedence / Breeze update.
(Afaik B2 and Breeze 1 share a lot of code)
Man, can't wait for B2 2. :)

Aether is still my go to algo for most acoustic spaces, but the soundscapes and halls in B2 are unparalleled.

sqigls wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:08 am I'm hoping the next version of Breeze 2 will be compatible with Cubase 9.5.
I've had to roll back to v2.0.3 :(
Precedence is the only 2C plugin that makes it past the blacklist.
devastated.
What do you mean? On OSX? We are fine in Cubase 9.5 AFAIK. I just used Cubase 9.5 on OSX 10.10 to make the track I posted in Precedence thread. Cubase is my personal DAW of choice for my own music productions.

Breeze 2 and Precedence should pass the blacklist no problem.

Our other plugs will get initially placed on the Blacklist in Cubase 9.5 OSX and later due to security-related changes that Apple forced Steinberg to make around the time of its release. If you manually re-enable them in Cubase they are fine. (B2 was also used in the track I just posted in Cubase 9.5.) We will of course update them all in the next major updates so that this step is not needed.

Happy to help you figure out why Breeze 2 is not passing for you though. Any other details you could share?

OSX 10.9.5

Cubase 6.5 all 2C load like a treat, except Kaleidoscope which gets blacklisted.
Cubase 9.5 yeah, only Precedence and Breeze 2.03 passes blacklist.

i really scared to upgrade my OS, i don't how many other plugins or programs will suffer from an upgrade... I don't know which would be the best OS to upgrade to.. 10.12??? :scared:

Return to “Effects”