2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

Am I the only one who cannot see anything regarding Breeze at all on the 2cAudio site ? In fact I can't navigate much on the site either ?

Confused dot com here.

The link direct to breeze is dead for me.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote:Am I the only one who cannot see anything regarding Breeze at all on the 2cAudio site ? In fact I can't navigate much on the site either ?

Confused dot com here.

The link direct to breeze is dead for me.

It is not ready I think. Someone provided the link before official announcement.

xtrax wrote:Are you on PC?
I'm on a crappy laptop. The main point was the CPU difference between Aether and Breeze. I'm sure CPU consumption will be lower in the studio.
LeVzi wrote:The link direct to breeze is dead for me.
It's been taken down. I'd guess because of people like me prematurely downloading the demo.

John

audiosabre wrote:
xtrax wrote:Are you on PC?
I'm on a crappy laptop. The main point was the CPU difference between Aether and Breeze.
I think you missed the main point.. Read again Here 10% of what Aether use here on Mac.

John, I am wondering why you are discussing things from beta before we release?? If you are a beta tester please do not make comments about your experiences until we release the product. Particularly, when it seems you are still using an early beta that has behavior that is different from the final version due to a bug that was fixed... once we release it, you are free say whatever you like about the retail version...

a little more patience please...

My apologies. I'm not one to break an NDA, if that were the case. I downloaded the demo.

John

We have now announced it to existing Aether customers... We will release it officially to the public tomorrow most likely--maybe tonight--but i just worked 24 hours straigt and I need to sleep a little first...

But if you know the link, it is back online now.

We just want to do some more web work before sending out to the rest of the world... So consider web text and images temporary at the moment... Demos are online...

xtrax wrote:
audiosabre wrote:Loading both as default; Breeze is 15% CPU, Aether is 16%. A negligable difference to which I'm going to attribute to true stereo. Btw, both 'day' skins say Aether on info page, whereas 'night' versions say Breeze.

John
Odd. I am on the mac OSX leopard in Logic 8. It so low on cpu that I can hardly see two points of CPU meter.
That is mean 10% of what Aether use. G5 8 core 2.8Mhz....

Are you on PC?
The official demo uses almost the same as aether here, mac osx 10.6.5, 2.4 i-5 mac book pro, 4 gb ddr3 ram.

about 13% of a core in studio one, SOME presets use about 8% though, which aether would never be able to achieve.

As stated in the official email:

"Breeze is anywhere from 1/2 to 1/8 the CPU usage of Aether depending on settings"

I cannot see anywhere near 'half' the cpu usage... maybe 10% less...

It just seems to be a 'cut down' version of Aether, and as I already own a copy, can't really see the point...

Maybe I missed something.

Well i just did a more intense side by side and some ather patches are 25% and some breeze are 8% so there is a definite improvement i was wrong above. Still seems very high for such a simple verb. Aether at 4x oversampling can hit 50% of a core. I'd use Aether at 2x oversample ALWAYS as the difference it makes is just dramatic, much more than from going from 2x to 4x. I guess Breeze can never sound as good because of this..

The sound of Breeze is not even remotely as good as aether. Even with Aether oversampling off.. (sorry Andrew but I am being honest) and the lack of a simple bass control on the reverb which would have been so easy to implement in the low pass filter display is very disappointing. A very very basic verb, with high cpu demand, that is absolutely thrashed by the likes of Eos for example. If it's about cutting all the control out, please make it sound good. I guess at the price it's not so bad, but then we have aar for $30 more or RP verb for less which is making this look like rubbish (and both use lower cpu)

I've settled on just three reverb's:

Aether - Best quality, but high cpu.
AAR - Great all rounder, low to mid cpu.
AriesVerb (payware) - Ultra low cpu, can be used everywhere...

Breeze could compete with AAR, but would have to equal it on cpu usage.

It's not quite there yet, but I'm keeping a close eye on it. :wink:

John-E34 wrote:AriesVerb (payware)
AriesCode wrote:When is the 'point-oh' release and what is the final price?

AriesVerb 1.0 is planned for the second half of 2009.
vapourware? the site says 0.7.5?

oh .. I get it now :roll:

C'mon Andrew make a kickass Multitap Filter Grain Delay or summat... pleeese!!

Hd

John-E34 wrote:I've settled on just three reverb's:

Aether - Best quality, but high cpu.
AAR - Great all rounder, low to mid cpu.
AriesVerb (payware) - Ultra low cpu, can be used everywhere...

Breeze could compete with AAR, but would have to equal it on cpu usage.

It's not quite there yet, but I'm keeping a close eye on it. :wink:
TSAR - Best quality, needs a server room.
Last edited by ZINO on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is well known that CPU usage is depending on Processor power and size of cache.
And if you use firewire interfaces that uses buffer size have impact also.
So when anybody makes some measurements it depends on how much cache his processor have.

So my G5, 8 core 2,8 Ghz intel Xeon Mac uses about 50% of one core for Aether on 2X Oversampling Ultrasmooth settings. While Breeze uses visually two points in the same DSP metering window about 10% of that what Aether use.
I have to repeat.

So it is really different on every system.I can run about 500 instances of Breeze on my Mac G5....

Return to “Effects”