Lexicon plugin reverb versus TC VSS3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Opinions please...

dimitris108 wrote:Opinions please...
Hello Dimitri,

I never try any of them, and I can't help you, but for the price of lexicon you get:

Altiverb + IK CSR + ArtAcoustics Reverb + Overloud Breverb + EOS + Acoustica Lexicon Impulses!

Does lexicon worth the price? :?

regards,
Bill.

Nimrod7 wrote:
Hello Dimitri,

I never try any of them, and I can't help you, but for the price of lexicon you get:

Altiverb + IK CSR + ArtAcoustics Reverb + Overloud Breverb + EOS + Acoustica Lexicon Impulses!

regards,
Bill.
Well i disagree with that kind of math doing.
Sadly the mentioned algorithmic reverbs above dont come near true high-end reverb units such as lexicon,eventide and tc's in terms of reverberation qualities and characteristics.
Impulse Response dont capture modulations hence sound static and will never be able to replace dynamic modulation being processeed in reverb algorithms.
But thats my opinion only - as i will never be satisfied with such soft reverbs mentioned above to attain the reverb vibe i want.
Up to date, i test farmost every software reverb and non i have found to match high-end qualities.

There are recent stuff that really sound promising:

UAD EMT250 (wow :love:)
Lexicon VST plugin (looking forward for this one)
AriesVerb (testing the demo out and it is very smooth and i love it)

Of course, All TC's VSS3 Algorithmic reverbs are known to be superb and i really love them.

The price for such high-end reverb is pretty stiff tho, consider that :P

Lexicon plugin reverb versus TC VSS3 ? Thats a really good question.
I'm afraid the only one who could answer your question is yourself.
Every reverb works with different approach and algorithms hence will sound different and will bring different flavor and character.
They both are very fine reverbs and its up to a taste if you like any of them or not. There are some people that hate lexiconish flavor and there are people that will only use a lexicon unit for their entire life :roll:
Last edited by TripACT on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nimrod7 wrote:
Hello Dimitri,

regards,
Bill.
Yes, it totally is. The only really good Reverb in your listing is Altiverb. And that's a convolution reverb.
The rest is just a compromise for people who can't afford the Lexicon Plugin.

I have the choice of either 10 x 50cc mopeds or a Honda CBR900 Firebird hmmmmm which one to get :)

Firstly your opinion of the Lexicon I can't fault you on , but the rest of your answer is pure Bullshit, and conjecture! ....Sorry but Bad answer on your behalf.

Nokenoku wrote:
Nimrod7 wrote:
Hello Dimitri,

regards,
Bill.
Yes, it totally is. The only really good Reverb in your listing is Altiverb. And that's a convolution reverb.
The rest is just a compromise for people who can't afford the Lexicon Plugin.
fell in line with the shore break,here breathe the first stroke of sea spray

If you can afford the Lexicon plugins I say get them - from everything I heard - they sound like what Ive always wanted to hear in the box. Bloody gorgeous! However - if it is a stretch - I would wait for the Relab LX480 plugin thts about to drop. It could be very high quality given that the creator also made the Duende X-Verb which is regarded as high end and I know Rhythminmind has stated he is selling his Lexicon PCM70 thanks to X-Verb
TC VSS3 is a more clinical modern sounding reverb good for small spaces. Its also high end but not as much as the Lexi PCM and a different sound from a Lexicon. Of course unless you have TDM you will have to buy a Powercore for this. But you will also get Classicverb which has a sort of Lexicon sound also.
AriesVerb is a high quality reverb that deserves a look if you are on a PC.
Just depends what your budget is and whether you want a DSP card. But IMO its not worth spending on several 0-$300 reverbs-which I dont htink are worth bothering with if you want quality. Eos is as good as any sub $300 teamed with a cheap IR verb is a potent combo. Use those for starters and then save for the big boys.

grotman wrote:Firstly your opinion of the Lexicon I can't fault you on , but the rest of your answer is pure Bullshit, and conjecture! ....Sorry but Bad answer on your behalf.
I have tried dozens of native algoverbs and most of them totally suck, some are cool for a few things, but not a single one was really convincing when I compared them to good IRs.

I demoed ArtsAcoustics Reverb and Overloud Breverb. Both are good for a few things, but none of them is a really good reverb. ArtsAcoustic is very grainy .. good for rather long effect-halls on stuff like vocals, but almost useless for everything else.
Breverb is better in some regards, but the ERs are still not what I'd call "good".

Haven't tried EOS yet, but looking at the controls it's rather a one-trick-pony.

Not an answer but perhaps an alternative:

The Lexicon MX Series works like a plugin and has noise-free digital connections to DAW, and they share some (if not most) of the presets found in the hardware being emulated by the plugin. Why not buy MX200, MX300, and MX400 for less than half?

My $0.02
And the beat goes on...

Mister Gibson wrote:Not an answer but perhaps an alternative:

The Lexicon MX Series works like a plugin and has noise-free digital connections to DAW, and they share some (if not most) of the presets found in the hardware being emulated by the plugin. Why not buy MX200, MX300, and MX400 for less than half?

My $0.02
They just try to gain a bigger market share with these units. They obviously don't have a comparable quality with their higher end machines including this plug in.

the question is how good are your mixing skills. I know many awesome mixes using averaged plugin reverbs and many bullshits using high-end reverbs.
When your dry mixes sounds fantastic then Lexicons are the best choice for you. I prefer Lexicons over TC almost everytime in music. VSS3/4 are very good spacemakers with strong variability but for me they sound less musically and cold (maybe good for postproduction).

common plugin reverbs are not as bad as someone mentioned before. I like 2C Aether and Redline reverb. I would use 2C almost everytime over anything by TC

Ah yeah ... I should really try out that Aether .. heard good things about it.

If you haven't tried Aether then well... you haven't tried Aether :hihi:

Nimrod7 wrote:
Hello Dimitri,

regards,
Bill.
Impulse and Algos are two different things, forget about Lexicon impulses.

Maybe compare to 2c Audio Aether, it would be a better idea. Even more with the upcoming 1.5 version.

Aether isn't Lexicon but it is a very good reverb at a much, much, lower price and it is about to get a major update.

I would go for Redline as a very affordable alternative too. It's not up there with Lexicon but at the price it's hard to beat, IMO.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Return to “Effects”