Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

kinda off the evolving topic of this thread (witch has been great by the way) but 4 me back 2 org post which was about watching the video close and noticing plugs...

so i just watched the fm vid and noticed his auto filter did not have sidechain function. hmm can you use an older versions of live stock plugs in 7 or is he just using 6 ???

thx everyone out there
dumb question ???

hadees wrote:Will V Filter be next???

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

:?:
There are loads of plugins I want do after this first compressor, and some of them will definitely involve very highly detailed models of analog resonant filters, both clean (for use to filter entires songs), and ultra dirty (for general abuse). I love the dirt and self noise you get from analog filters and I'll include this (as an option) but I'll also add extra things you can't do in analog like circuit bending manufacturing constants of critical circuit elements to really change the character of the sound.

But first I'm finishing this compressor :)

Andrew Simper
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

After hearing those audio demo's I think I'll die if I don't own that compressor, Please tell me it wont require a dongle?!

awesome-force wrote:After hearing those audio demo's I think I'll die if I don't own that compressor, Please tell me it wont require a dongle?!
Definitely no dongle. Serial number only authorisation. I have no doubt that someone will be able to hack my plugin, and if someone really wants to not pay me it will be very difficult for me to stop them using a crack.

With that in mind I am pricing my plugin so that it's affordable for everyone - around the USD 100 mark, so hopefully enough people do the right thing so that I can keep on writing plugins.

Andrew Simper

Please make sure you get the interface right as well! There are so many fancy fotorealistic GUIs that are absolutely unusable. There is also stuff like Guru, which doesn't even show you the actual values anywhere. Me, I'd like a nice, clean, laboratory surface that actually lets you take advantage of screen-editing. The Sonnox Oxford stuff is perfect. A lot of the older Waves stuff is great in this regard, too. I hate being foced to attempt doing circular motions with a mouse (turning virtual "knobs" is nonsense), finding the right spot where to click and not being able to enter an exact value via the keyboard. A GUI needs to be clearly arranged and quick to respond, no fancy colours, surfaces and all that crap.
But I guess I'll even buy it if all it does is sound good... :-)

Any timeline for the filters? If you need a betatester for any of those, I'd like to compare them to my analog equipment as well... :-)

living sounds wrote:Please make sure you get the interface right as well! There are so many fancy fotorealistic GUIs that are absolutely unusable. There is also stuff like Guru, which doesn't even show you the actual values anywhere. Me, I'd like a nice, clean, laboratory surface that actually lets you take advantage of screen-editing. The Sonnox Oxford stuff is perfect. A lot of the older Waves stuff is great in this regard, too. I hate being foced to attempt doing circular motions with a mouse (turning virtual "knobs" is nonsense), finding the right spot where to click and not being able to enter an exact value via the keyboard. A GUI needs to be clearly arranged and quick to respond, no fancy colours, surfaces and all that crap.
But I guess I'll even buy it if all it does is sound good... :-)
+1

Trust me the user interface of this plugin is solid and I mean heavy. It's very usable and serious looking. I have been beta testing this compressor and had a bit of input into the GUI. Anyone who hangs out on the Reaper forums will know I am a GUI perfectionist and think GUI is important.

...and man, it just sounds so good on drums.

This is where my drums are at at the moment:

http://stashbox.org/335257/Drums%20Test.mp3

This compressor is just the thing I have been looking for to get the attack on the kick right, It's been a long time coming too! I have tested EVERYTHING!

drillbit wrote:...and man, it just sounds so good on drums.
shweeeeeeeet...can't wait

andy_cytomic wrote:Definitely no dongle. Serial number only authorisation. I have no doubt that someone will be able to hack my plugin, and if someone really wants to not pay me it will be very difficult for me to stop them using a crack.

With that in mind I am pricing my plugin so that it's affordable for everyone - around the USD 100 mark, so hopefully enough people do the right thing so that I can keep on writing plugins.
You might want to consider going iLok eventually. Most professionals have come around to them, not only as a necessary evil but also as a convenient way of transporting their plug-ins to different systems.

Uncle E wrote:You might want to consider going iLok eventually. Most professionals have come around to them, not only as a necessary evil but also as a convenient way of transporting their plug-ins to different systems.
The old PSP plug ins (Nitro & the delays) offer both iLok and serial as options. This might be the way to go, from a customer's perspective at least.
CubaseStudio4 µTonic/Rapture Nitro/GS-201/Ohmicide/TBK 1&3

awesome-force wrote:This is where my drums are at at the moment:

http://stashbox.org/335257/Drums%20Test.mp3

This compressor is just the thing I have been looking for to get the attack on the kick right, It's been a long time coming too! I have tested EVERYTHING!
Hi awesome-force,

I've processed the drums to give them a nice thwack on the attack, and bring out some of the detail in the tail, this type of processing should allow your drums to cut through the mix and sound big. I've also brought down the level so the peaks of the processed signal are slightly below that of the original. Since you posted it publicly I hope you don't mind I posted the processed version in public as well, let me know if you want me to remove it:

http://www.cytomic.com/AudioExamples/Ac ... tkComp.mp3

Andrew Simper
Last edited by andy-cytomic on Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andy_cytomic wrote:
Hi awesome-force,

I've processed the drums to give them a nice thwack on the attack, and bring out some of the detail in the tail, this type of processing should allow your drums to cut through the mix and sound big. I've also brought down the level so the peaks of the processed signal are slightly below that of the original. Since you posted it publicly I hope you don't mind I posted the processed version in public as well, let me know if you want me to remove it:

http://www.cytomic.com/AudioExamples/Kv ... tkComp.mp3

Andrew Simper
Sounds great.

Can you show us a GUI teaser ^^.

By the way who's the graphics designer, just to know ?

Return to “Effects”