Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

I think Fuse Audio's compressors sound nigh on identical to discrete analogue hardware. Surely with the advancements with math in DSP and the new Vector units in CPUs we have got so close.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

hello andy,

is there a chance to update GLUE with few presets for future bass, future pop, future house, tropic house, moombahton, and similar todays genres please as i can see it was not touched since july 2017? hope it is not dead plugin now...

appreciate very much

deejay2 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:11 am hello andy,

is there a chance to update GLUE with few presets for future bass, future pop, future house, tropic house, moombahton, and similar todays genres please as i can see it was not touched since july 2017? hope it is not dead plugin now...

appreciate very much
are you working in "future" genres? :D wtf is "future bass/pop/house" not to mention "tropic house"

these micro-genres are getting ridiculous. are all those genres so vastly different that you'd need separate presets for all of them? do people really need presets on a compressor that has 7 knobs on it? usually a couple presets for "electronic" or "rock" etc are good starting places.

you should read back through this thread and the threads about The Drop and The Scream.. i don't know why you'd think any of his plug ins are 'dead'. he talks extensively about his plans and what he's working on and it's pretty well known he puts in the hours and works pretty hard to get things right and doesn't prematurely release things.

appreciate very much
Smart devs don't waste their resources developing presets for flavors of the month.

appreciate very much
This must be a troll post...it must be...I hope?! LOLOLOLOL

deejay2 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:11 am ..few presets for..
Presets for compressor? Why not just learning what it does? Because if you don't know what it does, you shouldn't even use a compressor.

appreciate very much
Another set of presets would be good to add, but they won’t be genre specific. There are basically two major sorts of instruments, electronic (synthesised) or acoustic (recorded), and most of the presets are aimed at acoustic instruments, so yes I should add a bunch of presets to handle different electronic instruments such as drums, synth bass and lead etc. Development is still active on The Glue, and a new release is on the way hopefully this year that will include an HD mode and a bunch of other cool stuff.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

andy-cytomic wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:40 pm and a new release is on the way hopefully this year that will include an HD mode and a bunch of other cool stuff.
:hail:

jbarish wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:08 am

appreciate very much
Smart devs don't waste their resources developing presets for flavors of the month.
...flavor of the next 36 hours...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Andy these updates are taking Sgear dog years.

deejay2 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:11 am is there a chance to update GLUE with few presets for future bass, future pop, future house, tropic house, moombahton, and similar todays genres please as i can see it was not touched since july 2017? hope it is not dead plugin now...
Moombahton is dead as well Moombacore. Only Mumbahstep is still breathing.
Future house of 1st half of 2019 is retro for 2nd.
Murderous duck!

All you need is a small shift in placement of a kick and/or snare to completely change genres in electronic music. it does get a bit silly but may we digress...

...as we anticipate the next evolution in The Glue!@!#@!#@!# (excite).

First update in 3 years!
Cytomic has updated The Glue to v1.4.0. This version supports the updated security requirements for both Catalina and Windows 10.

Changes:
  • New: updated preset menu look and feel, support for right click on preset menu.
  • New: updated text entry to use built in control, not a control in a new overlayed window (hopefully better for new security measures).
  • New: using new folder locations for presets and authorisations in line with recent security changes to macOS and Windows.
  • Fixed: presets now sorted alphabetically to next / prev button behave as expected.
No 'HD mode' or VST3 yet.

Has development hit a snag?

It takes unusually long. HD mod was announced like 3 to 4 years ago, not sure exactly, but its long time.

Return to “Effects”