"Mute button" or "audio stop" VST??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm looking for the most simple VST effect ever:

A "mute botton". Nothing else. Should be an insert effect in the audio chain. Press button and mute the audio output.

Or even simpler:
A VST that actually does not output its audio input at all, all the time. An "audio stop". No buttons or parameters.

Both should have an GUI, though, to work in hosts which require VSTs to have a GUI.

Background: Some hosts for live playing of VSTs like Brainspawn Forte do not have dedicated send effect buses. With send/return plug-ins like those from www.solidsoundstudio.net you can nevertheless build complicated effect routings. But at the end of each send chain you need to prevent the audio to go to the sound card, otherwise it would be an insert effect, not a send.

Simple, yet complicated.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Angel

de la Mancha moot
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Edit: oops... mute not mono...

How about this?

PM aciddose to get it.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/privmsg.p ... st&u=50793
stay juicy!

Thanks, nice, I might find different use for this.

But way to complicated. I said I want ONE button or NONE :-)

Edit:
Whoa, you guys are faster than I can read. Thanks Optimadic, PM to aciddose.
Last edited by Angel Powerlord on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

alternately, look at the Basic Strip plugin on the same site as the Aux Bus plugin you mentioned... voila, a mute button...

whyterabbyt wrote:alternately, look at the Basic Strip plugin on the same site as the Aux Bus plugin you mentioned... voila, a mute button...
Thanks, already have this in just the very way you suggested. But thats a massive feature overkill for just a mute or audio stop, isn't it? :oops:

Angel Powerlord wrote: Thanks, already have this in just the very way you suggested. But thats a massive feature overkill for just a mute or audio stop, isn't it? :oops:
does it really matter that much? from your description, your effects setup is preconfigured, with the mutes always on; does it really matter if it could do other stuff?

It'd be 3 minutes to build one for yourself in SynthEdit, btw.

whyterabbyt wrote: does it really matter that much? from your description, your effects setup is preconfigured, with the mutes always on; does it really matter if it could do other stuff?

It'd be 3 minutes to build one for yourself in SynthEdit, btw.
You are completely right ...

OK, done. Took me 2 hours because I never made anything with SynthEdit before. Now I have my own "AudioStop" VST plug-in. Audio in, no audio out. No buttons or parameters. Light on the CPU. Simply a dream :D

Thanks to all,
Angel

Please share :D.. It works as a VST dummy right?
stay juicy!

Well, my AudioStop.dll has a ridiculous 1.8 MB size, whereas aciddose' mutesoft.dll has 17kB. That must be the SynthEdit overhead or me being clueless.

Can't share at the moment, our web site is down for maintenance :-)

Here another one with mute button.
http://www.mediafire.com/?wmxtw1my04g

Have fun !
DSP with attitude

Thanks, Midiworks! It was also made with SynthEdit I guess as it also has 1.9 MB :-)

Return to “Effects”