The best Impulse Response [IR] sites

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

shredshred wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:27 am maybe this one out of topic,but i'll ask anyway
Did you guys use reverb ir same way you load guitar cab ir?
Yes, it is the exact same process and algorithm. If the impulse loader takes common formats such as WAV or AIFF, it should generally play back the same way. For example, iZotope's Trash 2 has a convolution module and you can load guitar cabs or reverbs or any impulse response.

There may be differences, however, in how long an impulse response may be. Guitar cab impulses are generally short whereas reverbs may be longer. Using Trash 2 as an example, you need to increase how long an impulse reponse it can handle in settings, otherwise it will cut off abruptly.

yellowmix wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:06 pm
shredshred wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:27 am maybe this one out of topic,but i'll ask anyway
Did you guys use reverb ir same way you load guitar cab ir?
Yes, it is the exact same process and algorithm. If the impulse loader takes common formats such as WAV or AIFF, it should generally play back the same way. For example, iZotope's Trash 2 has a convolution module and you can load guitar cabs or reverbs or any impulse response.

There may be differences, however, in how long an impulse response may be. Guitar cab impulses are generally short whereas reverbs may be longer. Using Trash 2 as an example, you need to increase how long an impulse reponse it can handle in settings, otherwise it will cut off abruptly.
understandable
thank you
:tu:

TomsLine Aroma ASR-3 Shaper Cabinet Simulator
Q-Clone captures of this pedal. But does it create harmonics?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2dqZyNE68Download captures.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:49 pm DTomsLine Aroma ASR-3 Shaper Cabinet Simulator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2dqZyNE68Download.
Impulse responses are linear so they can't add harmonics that aren't there. Adding harmonics requires non-linear behavior i.e. distortion.

ilmai wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:14 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:49 pm TomsLine Aroma ASR-3 Shaper Cabinet Simulator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2dqZyNE68Download.
Impulse responses are linear so they can't add harmonics that aren't there. Adding harmonics requires non-linear behavior i.e. distortion.
What about the internal components of the pedal?
What about capture, preamp, power amp. speaker, microphone,etc. Surely these are not linear.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Noodlist wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:27 pm What about the internal components of the pedal?
What about capture, preamp, power amp. speaker, microphone,etc. Surely these are not linear.
As far as I can tell from info I found online, the pedal is just an IR loader with a simple EQ (color knob). So it's not doing any kind of power amp simulation or anything.

ilmai wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:41 pm As far as I can tell from info I found online, the pedal is just an IR loader with a simple EQ (color knob). So it's not doing any kind of power amp simulation or anything.
That's what happens when playing through a real cab, surely not linear.
I'm sure the pedal contains components that add to the signal, not just an EQ curve.

Hey guys, we are building an Impulse response library called Soundwoofer and we recently released our first user test where you can register an account and upload your own Impulse responses to the library.

Soundwoofer
Direct link to our library
Register an account

In addition to several normal Impulse responses, we have also released a series of "Mixpulses" that are combinations of several microphones (12!) into just one single file.

You can find the Impulse mixes here

Anyone knows what happened to halifaxmusicians.ca and whether there is a mirror of it?

Releasing now is the Dr Bonkers Guitar Cab-Oddities™ Volume 18: JMGB 4X12 Guitar Cab IR Collection based upon a 2000 Marshall Amplification® 4X12 JCM 900 Lead 1960A™ 80w Standard Straight Guitar Amp Cabinet. This cabinet included 4X12 Celestion® G12M-20 Greenback™ 12 inch 20 watt 15 Ohm speakers. Available in Fractal Audio file and various WAV file formats.

This type of cab/speaker combination was the choice at one time of Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, Angus Young, Adam Jones, Slash, Billy Corgan, and so many others if you look at my site tab for that info.

As usual there are sound clips and pictures on my site. Click on the pull down menus and pop out tabs (words with a grey background) for lots of info including history and famous players who used such a cab. If English is not your first language, click on the translate button at the top of my site for many language options.

https://www.drbonkerssoundlab.com/produ ... ollection/

Hopkins Impulse Responses (mechanic and analog reverbs, real locations etc).
Enjoy the hundreds of Hopkins Impulse Response files already available for free, including analog mechanical reverb devices like our very dark EMT140 plate reverb, The venerable stainless steel Ecoplate, a classic AKG BX20E spring Reverb, and others.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vjf5bsi28hcr ... jUAaa?dl=0

IKEA Plate Reverb Hack IR Files

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0uCagTClYA

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3h28jv0wapjr ... h53tKJxira

Long time no see, happy new year, decade and so forth!

We made updates to to our library so it would be easier to upload your own Impulse responses to the library.

Standalone impulses
Once you are logged in to your account, (register here) select the file, give it a name and a nice description and you're set.

Just to celebrate this new release, we added 1300 Impulses to the library!
Check them out here

If you need help on how to use an Impulse responses, we have a guide for you here

We have also started reviewing cabinets (and microphones are coming soon)and you can read them here!

Hey guys, happy I could track down the long gone echochamber.ch impulse responses in the depths of the Wayback Machine

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:09 pm Hey guys, happy I could track down the long gone echochamber.ch impulse responses in the depths of the Wayback Machine
Excellent find; many thanks for this!
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

On the off chance that it's not just me who likes this sort of thing, I'll post these here.

There's quite a few IRs of acoustic guitars around, but none that I could find of hollow body electrics (Blue Cat's Re-Guitar has a function to emulate it, and a whole lot more, but it's nice to have variety). This being the case, using the scientific method of hitting my crap Jay Turser guitar body in various places (7) with the rubber end of a screwdriver, I recorded some - both line in and with my Sontronics STC-1 small diaphragm condenser mic.

www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/jayturser.zip

Never going to turn your Shitenbacker into a Rickenbacker, but blended in with the dry signal before an amp sim, it gives a pleasing effect..to me anyway!

Return to “Effects”