Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Does anyone have experience with the Harvest sequencer? I just came across this today, and can't see much discussion here about it yet. It's not as complex as some of the other things discussed in this thread, but I think worth a mention.

There's a free version, with paid version on sale til 18th Aug ($29).

https://harvestplugin.com/features/

thanks for link, I don't recall this one

Ditto, I like what I've seen of Harvest so far! I'm impressed with how it's not just a randomizer but a unique composing toolkit, too—plus the price is right:)

btw, it was the MIDI CC randomizing that's always most interested me in Midi Madness, and seeing that demo'ed again in ver 3 reminded me that I've had Sugar Bytes Obscurium for a long time, which can do something very similar, also by hosting other plugins, plus it also does lots of MIDI note tricks as well, and is a far-out instrument in its own right, so I'm re-exploring that, and really digging it. It's more expensive than MM, but way more powerful (and WAY more complicated to figure out, too…) Plus Sugar Bytes does occasionally offer it for 50% off.

I pretty much overlooked Obscurium's hosting ability. Will need to revisit.
I've used it mainly for coming up with interesting bits of audio.

Just to make sure nobody here missed this, I'm posting this link to the Cherry Audio Voltage Modular thread which has recently announced a free version of its powerful modular platform (stand-alone and all the usual plugins):

viewtopic.php?p=7493304#p7493304
In honor of our Year One Anniversary Celebration, Cherry Audio is very proud to introduce Voltage Modular Nucleus - absolutely FREE until August 31st! This collection of 22 modules and 67 presets is the ultimate introduction to modular synthesis. This package includes all of the fundamentals of subtractive analog synthesis, including oscillators, filters, envelope generators, amplifiers, and mixers, plus a sequencer, arpeggiator, and a full suite of useful utility modules and powerful effects modules. With Voltage Modular Nucleus, you can discover the thrill of patching modules together in new and endlessly creative ways, and explore all of the capabilities of Voltage Modular, absolutely free.
This isn't specifically a MIDI mangling tool, but the whole package does offer a bunch of CV to MIDI conversion utilities along with many interesting sequencers and modulators that produce CV trigger, gate and pitch info. So, like Reason, it's got a LOT of MIDI-out power worth exploring, IMO. The free version (https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/v ... ar-nucleus) doesn't include any MIDI modules, but yes, it's a gateway drug! Right now you can also pick up a 50% discount ($50) on a bundle that does have all the MIDI tools you'd need, plus VST/AU plugin hosting, sequencers, etc. Interested in Generative?

As a modular MIDI device, I'd say this is an equal to anything even remotely similar already out there, and a ground-breaker in lots of other ways, too… And with this sale, right now, it's certainly the cheapest way in. So, FYI.

VCV is also amazing, and free, and maybe has MIDI stuff to equal if not better, what VM offers; IDK, never got off the ground with it, but VM is already working well as a plugin and as a plugin host in stand-alone mode, so it's a bit smoother and further along, setup and integration-wise, I'd say, than VCV. And if VCV ever becomes a plugin, well, you'll be able to run it inside VM:) And maybe vice versa…GO MODULAR!
Last edited by David on Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

thanks David!

Link to what looks like a very useful 58-page ebook on modular synthesis using VCV, no doubt applicable to any software modular, from Jim Aikin, former editor/writer for Keyboard Mag in the US.

thanks again David

Harvest sequencer looks interesting!

Obscurium for midi looks even more interesting.

As for Cherry Audio Voltage Modular looks a bit complex. I have no experience with voltage modules and such and not eager to spend the time to learn about it.

I prefer working with samples and for the most part avoid synths. I wish that these developers would split their products into two, one for synth and the other midi fx.

greenmind72 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:06 am Hi

Does anyone have experience with the Harvest sequencer? I just came across this today, and can't see much discussion here about it yet. It's not as complex as some of the other things discussed in this thread, but I think worth a mention.

There's a free version, with paid version on sale til 18th Aug ($29).

https://harvestplugin.com/features/
thanks - I have bought this so I hope it is not buggy - if reliable it seems to have a lot of things I have wanted for a long time put into a very useable package.

If you have Ableton you can do A LOT with the Midi FX rack.

Turns out Harvest is very buggy in Reaper, unusable really. Have contacted devs, will see how their support goes. But it really does look great if it works, so I recommemd giving it a go. They have a 30 day return policy. Hopefully it comes good in Reaper ( which does have problems with other midi fx too,)

thanks for report and return policy

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:35 am Turns out Harvest is very buggy in Reaper, unusable really. Have contacted devs, will see how their support goes. But it really does look great if it works, so I recommemd giving it a go. They have a 30 day return policy. Hopefully it comes good in Reaper ( which does have problems with other midi fx too,)
ok - devs got back to me pretty quickly and did immediate refund. They are working on the bugs (which are Reaper specific as far as I know). I will definitely get it (again) if they fix the bugs as the workflow really suited me. Ah well. Still recommend people try it on their (non-reaper) systems tho

^^^
"…workflow really suited me." Me, too; this is a little gem! Hope they fix the Reaper issues.

Return to “Effects”