crusher-X 8 & Eurorack talk

Official support for: accsone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another option for Eurorack might be the 1010 Music Bitbox or Toolbox. They are releasing a MOK waverazor based module later this month it seems. E.g. they are already porting plugins directly to hardware.

Might be worth a look.

I would call a doctor if you have a pre-oder.

Otherwise, a title change might help fix that!

No Rx needed... just add an “r” between the O and D.

elxsound wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:47 am I would call a doctor if you have a pre-oder.

Otherwise, a title change might help fix that!

No Rx needed... just add an “r” between the O and D.
No doubt,

This is the thread with the Eurorack talk in it (AFAIK) is all...

Thanks, changed subject for a better match.
Best
accSone

Thanks, freq...

I have both of the 1010 modules btw, I like them quite a lot.
A link to the waverazor module 4 ya. Surely anyone can see at least some
possibility for cursher-X in there.
https://1010music.com/product/waverazor ... tor-module

Hi, yes this looks like a pretty cool platform.. Thanks for the hint. Will definitive check this out.
Best
accSone

I share the sentiment of waiting before the next paid upgrade. I bought 7 and loved it, and then there was a PAID upgrade to version 7.5 just a few months later, that I only bought because it fixed the ADC, and then just a few short months later ANOTHER paid update to version 8 was released. I think 7.5 will do me for a while unless they do something really mind blowing, but considering it's already pretty mind-blowing and I've barely scratched the surface already, I don't even know what else they would add. I LOVE crusher-x but definitely NO love given to loyal customers.

thagreatbelow wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:44 am but definitely NO love given to loyal customers.
Uhh, that hurts after all the creative and positive feedback we got in the last months regarding the update/upgrade policies and the discussions around this.

Sounds that you feel unfair treated - so don't hesitate to ping us - there is always a solution!

We LOVE our customers, promoters and users and all the creative work they do with crusher-X! We want the community to enjoy the tool and what live granular synthesis brings to your sounddesign and your music. We don't want you to think about lost investment but enjoy the current! And we don't want to add time limited stress to upgrade offers. We'd shared some thoughts about this here: https://www.accsone.com/about/pricing-statement

Again, please feel free to contact us directly - we'll find a solution for you!
Best
accSone

@freq: Anything worth a mention on the actual topic of this thread?
Would still love to see an accSone module, though atm I would not
easily afford anything, having bought a couple modules on BF.
One of them being a $900.00 one (hint, hint).

-Cheers

pekbro wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:43 am @freq: Anything worth a mention on the actual topic of this thread?
Would still love to see an accSone module, though atm I would not
easily afford anything, having bought a couple modules on BF.
One of them being a $900.00 one (hint, hint).
Thanks for pushing, yes topic is still simmering... big/small layout?, limited edition? what params to put "on the knobs" ?, platform?, logistics?, kickstarter yes/no? partners? who or what else? So you see, this will not be a short term moonshot ;-)

But what if we would build CV control into the crusher-X stand alone wrapper and run it on a surface ? (works from MS surface 3 on <$200) Run this together with e.g. https://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/es8.html and https://koma-elektronik.com/?product=kommander for life performance...

https://youtu.be/Nf9FkiqkvM8

Best
accSone

@freq:

Thanks, certainly that’s an interesting idea.
While I don’t have a surface, it’s a popular
platform, no doubt you would find much
Interest from its users. Not to mention
other computer based platforms that can
utilize CV, E.g. Bitwig, Ableton Live etc. :tu:

freq wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:52 am
thagreatbelow wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:44 am but definitely NO love given to loyal customers.
Uhh, that hurts after all the creative and positive feedback we got in the last months regarding the update/upgrade policies and the discussions around this.

Sounds that you feel unfair treated - so don't hesitate to ping us - there is always a solution!

We LOVE our customers, promoters and users and all the creative work they do with crusher-X! We want the community to enjoy the tool and what live granular synthesis brings to your sounddesign and your music. We don't want you to think about lost investment but enjoy the current! And we don't want to add time limited stress to upgrade offers. We'd shared some thoughts about this here: https://www.accsone.com/about/pricing-statement

Again, please feel free to contact us directly - we'll find a solution for you!
Best
accSone
I believe the sting for me as a customer is a psychological one and perhaps arbitrary, but I've been using DAW's and plugins for nearly 18 years. I started on FL Studio version 2, learned pro tools version 6 in college, from there I started learning the ins and outs of different plugins, and principles of sound design, and playing instruments, and of all the plugins I've used over the last 2 decades, I have NEVER EVER seen a plugin that charged money for a same number version upgrade. I bought Ableton 9, and was able to use Ableton 9.8 for "free", but Ableton 10 I had to pay an upgrade fee for. I will now get "free" upgrades for Ableton 10.2, 10.3 ....... 10.9 and I won't have to pay agin until Ableton 11. But crusher-x? I had to pay for 7.5 which is a little bit irking, but like I said in my post, I wanted ADC badly enough that's I paid for it, but when version 8 came out VERY shortly afterwards I was definitely upset and felt a little swindled in that I feel there is an expectation of the same number upgrade. Had you called 7.5 "8" instead, and called 8 "8.5" I'm sure I wouldn't feel this way, which is why it's a little arbitrary. Unless you guys wanted to give me a "free" upgrade to version 8, I don't see any reason to contact your email, though I will still say Crusher-x is a fantastic plugin and keep up the good work.

thagreatbelow wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:19 am Had you called 7.5 "8" instead, and called 8 "8.5" I'm sure I wouldn't feel this way, which is why it's a little arbitrary. Unless you guys wanted to give me a "free" upgrade to version 8, I don't see any reason to contact your email, though I will still say Crusher-x is a fantastic plugin and keep up the good work.
Agree, that wasn't the smartest move - we should e.g. named 7.5 - 8 and 8 - 9 or however. Anyway, enjoy your version 7.5. - its a great one with a lot of very cool new features. We like to see our customers invest in the value they can derive out of the new version and not in the version number itself.

Best
accSone

Here's another possibility for the eurorack thing maybe, also pedals and whatnot. :)

https://www.electro-smith.com/daisy

Just FYI the new Noise Engineering Desmodus Versio effect module uses the Daisy platform apparently, so it's a real possibility. ARM Cortex-M7 MCU dunno the speed, the dev platform is C++

-Cheers

Return to “accSone”