ManyStation user manual

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First, to introduce myself, I am Simon Cann. I hope you know me now from my book “How to make a noise: sound design and synthesiser programming”. If you haven’t heard about the book, you can read more at http://www.noisesculpture.com.

It has been my pleasure to be involved in the development of ManyStation. One of my main tasks was the preparation of the user manual for ManyStation. I thought it might be useful to give you guys a bit of background to this document.

We wanted to do a few things with the manual:
  • First, get people up and running as quickly as possible – you can also check out the note “ManyStation: read this first” for the really quick introduction.
  • We were keen to introduce the product. The level of detail and the quality of the samples is simply not reflected in the price and so we felt it was important that the product was properly introduced.
  • Rather than say to users “here are some samples – you’re on your own now” we wanted to give users some ideas about how the soundsets could be used in a practical manner and in particular how different soundsets could be used together. We do this in three ways – with the patches (over 700 patches are bundled with ManyStation), with the tutorial section in the manual (which has a small accompanying tutorial bank), and also with the commentary in the manual.
  • Some of the samples have been taken from quite specific instruments or have been recorded by individual players. We felt it was important (and interesting) to give users some of the history of the sampling sessions so they could understand how the soundsets can be deployed in practice.
I intend to keep developing the manual as ManyStation grows, particularly with the introduction of the ManyMores, so if there is any aspect you want covered – or if you find any problems with the manual – please either let me know directly or post something on this thread.

For all of you getting ManyStation, I hope you enjoy the product: it really is a great music making tool.

Simon

hey simon,yep lovin the how to make a noise book,and for anyone whos seen that already you will know simons work is top notch :)
i have seen the manual and it has to be said he has pulled it off again,an easy to read and well thought out manual,plus some great diagrams that should help get everyone underway with manystation 8)

thanks for both of these simon 8)

vurt wrote:yep lovin the how to make a noise book,and for anyone whos sen that already you will know simons work is top notch :)
i have seen the manual and it has to be said he has pulled it off again,an easy to read and well thought out manual,plus some great diagrams that should help get everyone underway with manystation 8)
Thanks vurt, I appreciate your kind words.

Simon

I want to pop in here too

First to say "Thanks" to Simon Cann, here on the forum.
I think i have thanked him once or twice a day via email, for the last 3 months or so, but this is another Big Thanks from Manytone!

Besides the Manual, Simon has helped with the Slick new Website, and really made my life alot easier, allowing me to concentrate on the Sound Design. This Project has benifitted greatly from him being On Board. Thanks Simon!!!

I know right now you guys are perhaps too busy playing all the Jaw Dropping Presets to look at the manual. It did install with the product and I really suggest to have a look and even more I suggest to Print it out.

If you own Wusikstation and have read the Wusik Manual then Simons work may be familiar to you, but this Manual is made up with details about ManyStation, including the Soundset Listing and some Instrument recording notes and details etc. so have a look.

Also I just did the sticky thing to this thread so it is at the Top of the Pile. :-)

Yaaaa to Simon!
For an incredible Job!

Paul

I finally opened up the manual last night and it is well done. Nicely laid out. I didn't read it in its entirety, but the sections on presets/banks are very, very helpful. I thought Simon's writing and illustrations in the WusikStation manual made it one of the better ones out there for VSTi's. The ManyStation update has taken an already helpful work and made it even better. Congrats and thanks!

So...
Anybody read it yet?
Tis' a cool Manual!
:-)
:uhuhuh:

I was going to print it out today ... Is it worth it to do so?

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Just kidding ... Just reminding you guys that it is there in your Start menu.
:-)

Paul

manytone wrote:Anybody read it yet?
Yes.

Yes, I've been reading it, and it's really well done. I really appreciate it. It's well written, easy to read, and it's clear the writer really understands what he's talking about. And I also recommend the "How to Make a Noise" book. Keep up the good work, Simon.

Mitch I.

Will the manual be updated for v2 of ManyStation?

The Manual will be updated once we do take on the new features, but you have to remember:
We are adopting the new Version 2 Wusik Engine, but ManyStation will stay at its current Version 1.

Paul

manytone wrote:The Manual will be updated once we do take on the new features, but you have to remember:
We are adopting the new Version 2 Wusik Engine, but ManyStation will stay at its current Version 1.

Paul
Is this the Version 1 that has been described by Computer Music magazine as "overwhelming array of sounds ... excellent quality and highly usable ... sizeable mass of acoustic and electronic sounds ... possibilities are limitless" and given a 9/10 review? Version 1 of ManyStation sounds fine to me. :wink:

Where is the actual link to the manual?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Hi zircon
It installs with the product. There will be a shortcut to it in your start menu. It is also located in your install folder. There is no separate link to download it, it only comes with the product itself.
Paul

Return to “Manytone Music”