ManyBass -> Studio One 64bit

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I am trying out Studio One as a replacement DAW. However, I do not appear to be able to get Studio One to pick up the VST file for ManyBass.

Anyone any ideas?

Jonathan

Hello Jonathan
ManyBass is a 32 bit plug. I just went to the studio one knowledge base and found this:
Quote:
For PC users:

Please install the correct bit version VST software into the correct bit version of the Program Files on your PC. If the VST comes in a 64 bit version. The bit rates are not cross platform compatible, meaning a 32 bit version of a plug in will not run in the 64 bit version of Studio One and vise-versa.

So first confirm you have installed the 64 bit or 32 bit version of the plugin into the C:\Program Files\Vstplugins folder or in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins folder.

Now, IF the VST manufacturer does not have a 64 bit version you will need to run the Studio One 32 bit version to use that plugin. The 32 bit version of Studio One can be found in your "My Software" section of your account at presonus.com.

For Mac Users:

You may need to confirm with the manufacturer the bit rate of the plugin and run StudioOne appropriately.

By default StudioOne runs in 32 bit mode on a 64 nit kernel, however you can right click on the StudioOne ICON in your Applications folder, select get Info and in the General section uncheck the option to run StudioOne as 32 bit. The next time you start StudioOne it will start up in 64 bit mode.

End Quote

I know other hosts can also run a bridge (like jbridge) that supports 32 bit in 64 bit hosts but not sure about studio one doing that.... maybe a user could chip in some thoughts.
Paul

Many Thanks Paul.

manytone wrote: I know other hosts can also run a bridge (like jbridge) that supports 32 bit in 64 bit hosts but not sure about studio one doing that.... maybe a user could chip in some thoughts.
Paul
jBridge runs fine on my Studio One 64 bit set up, I use it regularly to access any 32 bit plug ins.

Thanks don1thedon
Played with the free version of Studio One this last week. And I must say it was very interesting. May need to try it a bit more as I did create a cool track. I especially loved the (major) drag and drop interface (that I discovered accidentally).

Anyways thanks for confirming jbridge works for 32 bit instruments in Studio One 64 bit.
Appreciate you contributing.
Paul

Return to “Manytone Music”