Getting Manyguitar to "hold" a volume change

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am having a hart time trying to find a solution to this..

I am using ManyG in a sequencer, and while setting/changing the volume of the rack changes the volume of ManyG, if I restart the sequence, ManyG simply jumps back to the saved volume of the preset rather than the volume of the midi track in the sequencer...

Same thing happens if I manually lower the volume in the ManyG VSTi edit view too...

Many Bass does not seem to have this issue...

It gets dead annoying when you get to the middle of a song, and need to stop the song part way through to edit some other track or VST, and then press play again as the ManyG ramps up to the full volume of the factory preset...I have nearly lost a couple of speakers because of this!!!!

Can anyone help with some tips/advice here please?

Thanks

hmmm odd issue - I re-opened the same Sonar project this morning and ManyG started obeying volume commands, not matter where in the project the song was started/stopped....

So I guess this one is solved, although I have no clue as to how :shock:

miden wrote:hmmm odd issue - I re-opened the same Sonar project this morning and ManyG started obeying volume commands, not matter where in the project the song was started/stopped....

So I guess this one is solved, although I have no clue as to how :shock:
I replied to your email before you posted above. I said it probably could be a CC7 controller command in the track somewhere. ManyGuitar would not do this on its own unless there was some kind of midi controller telling it to.

Have a look in the controller data in your sequencer if it happens again.
Paul

Yeah Paul, I know but you didn't reply to the second one ;)

And I wasn't usurping the email path - I think I actually posted here two days before sending you an email...only because there was nothing happening here :)

No matter, as I said in my reply to you I have been working with midi for over 20 years, and I do know how to setup midi data and tracks.

That was the FIRST thing I checked although I knew it was futile as it was a track I programmed myself so I KNEW there were no errant control messages in it...only note data...

As I said in the reply to you and above - it was a weird thing, although one I have noticed on other occasions, it was just this time I thought I would actually ask you for any insights as you guys wrote the software :)

I closed down Sonar and tried it again..still worked. I am now going to try a brand new project with a new insertion of the VSTi, and see if I get the same results....

Cheers

Dennis

I didn't reply to your second email as I just got home and my email and our website are down at the moment. So I have not received your 2nd email yet. Not sure what's up but I have not had email coming in since this morning. Have a good host so hopefully they sort it soon.

Glad to hear you got it going proper. I'll reply to your email once my email server is back up.
Paul

No probs m8, all good :) I wasn't registering a complaint!! Just sayin' is all ;)

Dennis

Just heard back from one of our associates who is a midi expert. Both of us use Sonar as our main Daw and have never had this happen with ManyGuitar but, we have a few pointers for anyone if they experience this. (With our plugins or other plugins)

We always leave our MIDI track volumes in Sonar at default to prevent it from
controlling the plugin's master volume, since it's common in plugins to
have the master volume controlled by CC7.

You should use the audio output volume if you want to change the track
volume, and leave the MIDI channel at its default volume, untouched.

Perhaps this might be a cause... (if the midi track volume in Sonar was changed). If not .... it is definitely a good practice to use with any plugin. Neither of us ever change midi track levels with any plug, we only use audio levels and have never seen this issue in Sonar or other hosts.

Anyways just a tip for future reference, and in case anyone else experiences varied volume levels in their track.
Paul
(May not be your issue Dennis but thought I should mention it here).
Last edited by manytone on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

With respect Paul, ManyG would be the FIRST vst I have had this issue with....all my VSTs (and I have about 30) respond perfectly well to CC 7 within the DAW workspace...

And controlling a VST by the Audio control is only going to lower the feedback and digital clipping floor!!

All audio as you would well know should be at 0dB or less, preferably less!!

Anyway as I said don't worry about it...It seems it was only a intermittent issue...

Peace

Return to “Manytone Music”