Upcoming ManyTone Fretless Bass (Now Released)

Official support for: manytone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Caleb wrote:Sounds awesome - although I bet I'm never going to make it sound as good as that demo.
Actually I think you'd be surprised. I should post a MIDI file or screenshot of the score to follow along for this latest demo, because it's really easy to use.

Okay, here's the fretless bass library playing some Jaco, so you can get an idea of what it sounds like playing upbeat funky stuff:

http://www.manybass.com/audio/teentown.mp3

Gregjazz wrote:Okay, here's the fretless bass library playing some Jaco, so you can get an idea of what it sounds like playing upbeat funky stuff:

http://www.manybass.com/audio/teentown.mp3
:shock:
And how are you saying this thing will cost?
I have to get my Card ready!!!!! :D
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Gregjazz wrote:
Caleb wrote:Sounds awesome - although I bet I'm never going to make it sound as good as that demo.
Actually I think you'd be surprised. I should post a MIDI file or screenshot of the score to follow along for this latest demo, because it's really easy to use.
Hi Caleb and all
Even I know where you are coming from when you say that. Greg's Demo's really show off the full use of the library from someone who knows it well enough, and someone who knows how to play the keys very well. But, that said, I think that the rest of us "average" players will also be able to enjoy the ease of use of this Fretless Bass Sample Library. That was a key element in the development.

In the past it may have taken a lot of midi tricks to achieve this type of sound from samples. However, with the bends and vibrato of the fretless sampled and mapped in an easy to use way, you do not have to rely on knowing a lot about midi programming. Just simply play or punch in your notes for this set and a realistic sound is easy to achieve. I myself am amazed at how easy it is to achieve a realistic bass line with this set.

As Greg said, we do have a bunch of formats in the works for release. This includes the ManyTone Instruments (ManyBass, ManyGuitar, ManyOne and ManyStation) as well as Kontakt and Soundfont and WusikStation format.

Also this set will be our first Sample Library to release in the CakeWalk Dimension format. (which means the samples and mappings will also load into the SFZ VSTi).

It is larger than our present Bass Library add-ons in terms of samples and the amount of work put into it, so it will be higher priced than our current SampleSets. (Pricing and release date will be announced officially any day now)

We will be offering an intro special on the various formats to our ManyTone customers and all other interested folks, so keep your eyes on our forum and this thread. ManyTone customers - watch your emails. As you guys know, our new product intro specials are usually the best time to buy from us.

And BIG props to Greg for that fantastic 2nd demo .... Smooth as Butter ;-)

Paul

Here's a screen capture of the fretless bass track in Teen Town: http://www.manybass.com/audio/teentown.wmv

I turned up the volume on the bass track, too.

Nice, but I prefer to play the real thing. This library doesn't even come close to sounding like a real fretless bass.

MotorMind wrote:Nice, but I prefer to play the real thing. This library doesn't even come close to sounding like a real fretless bass.
Can you pinpoint any specific points of how it sounds unrealistic?

Would it be helpful if I recorded myself playing the fretless and then imitated it with the sample library? That way you can hear the real bass I sampled juxtaposed with the fretless library?

Gregjazz wrote:Here's a screen capture of the fretless bass track in Teen Town: http://www.manybass.com/audio/teentown.wmv

I turned up the volume on the bass track, too.
Well that settles it - I can just get you to write bass guitar midi parts for my songs. Then you can just send me you 5k file and I can just drop it into my song with this soundset and off I go.

:D

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

MotorMind wrote:Nice, but I prefer to play the real thing. This library doesn't even come close to sounding like a real fretless bass.
Dude, that is an insult to Greg's incredible demo songs.
The 2 demo tracks are very realistic sounding considering they are sequenced bass. Rather than just popping in the Manytone forum and disrespecting, why don't you put your Jaco where your mouth is. Perhaps let us hear you play a part of the above track.

Don't worry about it though as plenty of us think this bass sounds bloody great. Greg's tracks prove that already.

Thanks for the answers to my q's Greg, I will be purchasing this once released.

cool demo, video too

:nutter:

That sounds awesome :tu: :clap:

So - are we there yet? :D

Regards
Caleb

Great 2nd demo! :) Patiently waiting for that email.

(the track is one of my absolute fave jazz-tracks btw!)
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Caleb wrote:So - are we there yet?
Nearly. All the presets for various formats are together. We've just got to finish things like the manual and web page--get those sorts of things set up.

Gregjazz wrote:
Caleb wrote:So - are we there yet?
Nearly. All the presets for various formats are together. We've just got to finish things like the manual and web page--get those sorts of things set up.
Oooh - so exciting I could pee.

I recently bought an external harddrive to archive a shit load of stuff off my computer in preparation for more sounds. Hopefully I can get enough room. :)

Regards
Caleb

Return to “Manytone Music”