Can Axiom do....anything?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, I was about to buy an Axe FX 3 for my tone shaping endgame amp modeling needs, then something happened.

I stumbled upon Blue cat...and was shocked. The ability to use Axiom+Pluginscript+patchwork. I saw potential. But I am wondering

Can I use this Trio to create any Guitar? Any Amp? Any can? Any effect? Totally stoked if possible.

The answer is yes. I think Axiom alone can get you somewhere. Additionally on top is the option to combine plugins with patchwork for more shaping. Plug'n'Script lets you create your own plugins by coding them, so eventually anything is possible if you have some knowledge in programming languages and audio technics :)

Thanks. The tone quality seems pretty amazing! Do you use it personally?
HSum wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:47 pm The answer is yes. I think Axiom alone can get you somewhere. Additionally on top is the option to combine plugins with patchwork for more shaping. Plug'n'Script lets you create your own plugins by coding them, so eventually anything is possible if you have some knowledge in programming languages and audio technics :)

Underoath77 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:25 am Thanks. The tone quality seems pretty amazing! Do you use it personally?
I own patchwork & plug'n'script, only have Axiom demoed and was pretty impressed. Same for destructor.

Underoath77 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:41 pm I stumbled upon Blue cat...and was shocked. The ability to use Axiom+Pluginscript+patchwork. I saw potential. But I am wondering

Can I use this Trio to create any Guitar? Any Amp? Any can? Any effect? Totally stoked if possible.
It is quite powerful indeed. The built-in Re-Guitar plug-in will not let you create ANY guitar, but it still gives you an infinite number of tones out of a single guitar, replacing the pickups, or adding a hollow body "in the box".

On the amp simulation side, (Destructor is the amp sim that is built into Axiom), it can do almost anything (for very hi gain tones, you may want to chain several instances though).

And with the new tone maps feature (also included in 9 effects - it's not only for the amp sim anymore), it should be much easier to find the right tone, without having to understand anything to the parameters.

If you have a bit of programming experience Plug'n Script can indeed help you create new effects. However Axiom already has 44 built-in effects, and you can load third party plug-ins too, so most tones should be covered!

You may want to give a try to the demo and see if it works for you!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”