Any way to get audio into Patchwork as MIDI FX in Logic?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got a MIDI FX vst that has an audio envelope follower (so it's got audio-in meters, etc.) that works well inside Patchwork in its normal mode (not using the follower mode—it's Melda's new MCCGenerator, btw). But I can't figure out how to send it audio when it's inside the MIDI FX version of Patchwork. I tried loading a sound generator in front of it in a Pre slot, but never could get MCCGen to see the output of that, or even be sure there WAS any output from that slot (used Melda's MOscillator, which works fine as an Instrument plugin…).

MCCGen sees audio fine in Patchwork, when it's loaded as an audio FX and I can choose an audio track as a sidechain for Patchwork, but then I can't see any way to send the MIDI out from MCCGen, of course, since Patchwork is in this case a regular AU with no MIDI out.

Ideas? TIA!!

There is definitely no audio running thru MFX so PatchWork has no audio inside either... If I remember well, you can achieve some kind of MIDI output in Logic if you load the effect as a MIDI controlled effect (or an instrument) on an instrument slot. But then you have to do all the wiring by yourself in the environment, and I am not sure it still works.

OK, thanks. Switched to Bidule to get his working—nice to have both it and Patchwork:)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”