Blue Cat's Axiom 1.3: Guitar Tone Crafting Revisited!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Axe Pack Axiom

Blue Cat's Axiom 1.3 is here! This free update is packed with new features: a new presets and sub-presets browser to find and create tones quickly, the new 2D amp tones explorer from Destructor 1.5 with amp models morphing, 2 new distortion pedals, 2 new built-in effects, hundreds of new presets for guitar, bass and effects, and many other improvements!

Existing Axiom customers can download the new version from the link received by email upon purchase, and new customers can get Axiom at a special introduction price (149 USD/EUR instead of 199) until October 15th.

Registered Blue Cat Audio customers who do not own Axiom yet will receive an even better offer by email shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEHPZHWWjl8
Enjoy!

Wow! The gift that keeps on giving! Can't wait to get home to try it out. Keep up the good work! :tu:

:tu:

Is there going to be an upgrade from destructor to axiom again? Looks like it disappeared...

You should still have a valid upgrade offer to Axiom from the top of the Destructor download page (link received by email upon purchase)

Great update. Thanks for the optimizations :)

Vaultnaemsae wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:18 pm Great update. Thanks for the optimizations :)
Thanks for reporting the problem: it was tough but definitely worth the hassle! :party:

There was a little glitch with the update, so a maintenance release (V1.31) has just been issued, which mainly fixes a major problem with the new tone maps on Mac:

What's new in Axiom 1.31:
- Fixed tone maps presets morphing that did not work on Mac.
- Fixed tone maps "reload from presets" when the map was created on another platform (Mac vs PC).
- Fixed persistency of tools rack display setting.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Here is a great demo of the new features introduced in Axiom 1.3 to make guitar tone crafting (much) easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1bLsrWx0IE

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:38 pm Here is a great demo of the new features introduced in Axiom 1.3 to make guitar tone crafting (much) easier:
Well, as I demoed the new version initially, I was clearly exhausted because I somehow missed the tone map feature. :dog:

Time to go back and dig in!

Won't be close to my PC for a couple of days, so, question: Can you also use the Tone Map features only for IR's? (I am thinking of the STL Ignite - Libra, which I don't feel like spending money on, although it looks very pretty.)

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:38 pm Here is a great demo of the new features introduced in Axiom 1.3 to make guitar tone crafting (much) easier:
And don't miss out on the tone maps most awesome feature, the fact that you can slide in between presets, to kinda get the best of two or three or more tones you like.

Lasse

pumafred wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:46 pm Won't be close to my PC for a couple of days, so, question: Can you also use the Tone Map features only for IR's? (I am thinking of the STL Ignite - Libra, which I don't feel like spending money on, although it looks very pretty.)
Tone Maps are currently ignoring IRs: they are not taken into account to compute the location of presets on maps, and they are not mixed together when moving around. We are looking at ways of integrating them as well, but it is quite complex (the process is completely different from the plug-in you are mentioning, which seems to be "just" a mixer).

lazpete wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:10 am And don't miss out on the tone maps most awesome feature, the fact that you can slide in between presets, to kinda get the best of two or three or more tones you like.
Yes, it's a pretty powerful feature to create new tones without having to deal with all the parameters available.

Using locks or tone maps for module presets is also a good way to create new tones, with a bit more control over what is happening.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:17 am
pumafred wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:46 pm Won't be close to my PC for a couple of days, so, question: Can you also use the Tone Map features only for IR's? (I am thinking of the STL Ignite - Libra, which I don't feel like spending money on, although it looks very pretty.)
Tone Maps are currently ignoring IRs: they are not taken into account to compute the location of presets on maps, and they are not mixed together when moving around. We are looking at ways of integrating them as well, but it is quite complex (the process is completely different from the plug-in you are mentioning, which seems to be "just" a mixer).
Ok, thanks. Tone Maps are nevertheless an extraordinary feature! :tu: :clap:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”