Plug'n'Script Random Walk LFOs…?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

I know this script isn't a BlueCat creation, but if anybody here has used it (it's from this Github collection: https://github.com/bluecataudio/plugnsc ... er/Scripts), particularly in Logic using the MFX version of P'n'S, I'd love to hear exactly HOW you used it! The readme with is mentions "hooking it up" to controls in Absynth, but I can't see or find ANY way to specify, or even detect, what exactly it's sending out. The gui just shows some activity lights for 6 MIDI channels and rate controls, but no way to specify CC numbers… Nor can I find anything like that in the script itself. No device I've loaded on the same track sees anything coming at it when set to MIDI Learn—baffled!

TIA!

Hi David,

I think the script actually uses output parameters, so you can use it like our other plug-ins that generate control data: MIDI CC can be specified in the preset settings pane.

We have a tutorial for Logic here when using the plug-in as an audio effect (it's a different plugin but the process is the same). But when using Plug'n Script as a MIDI FX, once the MIDI CC settings have been configured, it is probably easier since the plug-in should be able to output MIDI CC directly to the virtual instrument from a MFX slot (we have not tried it though).

Hope this helps!

Great, thanks, a good first step—The script is now sending MIDI CCs:)

However I still can't get MIDI Through working. Don't know what to add to the script itself to achieve that, and when I load Plug'n'Script into Patchwork to see if that will work, it crashes Logic as soon as I start trying to use/adjust it.

Here is a code snippet that you can add at the end of the processBlock function that copies all input events to the output (from the midi log script):

Code: Select all

for(uint i=0;i<data.inputMidiEvents.length;i++)
    {
        // forward event (unchanged)
        data.outputMidiEvents.push(data.inputMidiEvents[i]);
    }

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”