Tip of the Day: Understanding "Save As User Default"

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today we'd like to share with you some details about the "Save As User Default" preset command: there are a couple of hidden things you may want to know about it!

This goes beyond UI settings as well. So for things like Patchwork, MB-7, etc., any built-in or third party plugins will also appear in their slots, and the states of all those plugins will be saved as well.

As an example, I have some external plugins loaded into my user default in Patchwork. I load Protector into the output section, along with Dynamics 4 to act as a noise gate in the input section.

For Axiom, my user default loads my favorite VU meter plugin (VUMT Deluxe) into the input section, so I have a handy reference tool for setting my input level right when I load it up.

:tu:

How to make the User Default in DAW when opening was one,and in Standalone when opening, the other.

You cannot have different user defaults for the plugin vs the app. However if you just want to have a different preset loaded when launching the app, you can either drag and drop the preset onto the app icon or create a shortcut that takes the preset as an argument. Are you on Mac or Windows?

Windows.

So you can create a shortcut to the app and add the path to the preset to load in the command line of the shortcut.

Thank you, everything worked out. :tu:

:tu:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”