Plini Neural DSP Amp Sim

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Axiom Destructor V2

So Neural DSP released a new plugin that was co-designed with one of my favorite guitarists, Plini. All 3 of these custom amps (amp channels?) they designed sound pretty darn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smLrFPsQZOk

I'm sure that Axiom is capable of getting these tones. I did a little research on his signal chain, and it looks like they used Helix and Helix Native for their last couple of recordings, and they use Fractal units for their live sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qOeZzZh9MM

Someone from the Fractal forum made some pretty convincing presets based on a Friedman BE amp:

-Friedman BE
-Mesa V30 Cab
-Engl V30 Cab
-Tubescreamer for Clean boost. Tone to 10
-Ping Pong Delay for Lead
-Hall Reverb for Lead
-Compressor for Lead (in front of the TS)

Use single coil or Coil-Split Pickups.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ ... 634/page-3

Can anyone share some ideas for some amps in Axiom to start with for these tones?

This looks like an interesting and challenging topic for our metal tones expert(s)! We'll get back to you when we have time to experiment on this!

Nice! You guys did a great job with the Fortin presets. I'm sure you can do well with these. :)

I just got around to demoing the plugin and it's got some very accessible, pleasing varieties of tones on hand, the YouTube reviewers are definitely telling the truth. The delay and reverb, in particular, when paired with the clean amp, are REALLY good.

But like I said, I KNOW Axiom can do these. Especially with Late Replies. ;)

One more little tidbit of info from another forum regarding these amps and what they're based on:

"Plini said the clean is a mix of Fender and Dumble, the crunch is based on the Friedman BE, and the high gain is a mix of the HBE and a 5150."

Hope that's helpful. :)

Just wanted to let you know that we have checked out Plini's Tones and we have a couple of working exampes for Destructor. We'll share them shortly, as soon as they are finalized!

Gotta love this place. :hyper: :tu:

FWIW I've been super disappointed with Neural DSP Archetype : Plini.
I made the mistake of buying it without testing based on the youtube demos and found it pretty horrible, boxy and fizzy sounding. The included impulse responses are bad IMO, and I bet there is tons of processing and eq-ing after the plugin in all the demo tracks.
Axiom presets sound 10x better out of the box and it's also much easier to get good tones by tweaking them than it is to get anything usable out of Archetype.

That being said I would also be interested in actual Plini tone presets in Axiom.

We already have a couple of factory presets ready for the next update!

any news on these plini presets? I am interested to hear how they compare to plini archetype. I actually love the plugin

We have a couple of factory presets ready for the next Axiom and Destructor updates - they should be coming around September!

New versions of both Axiom and Destructor are about to be released... Registered customers already have access to preview versions (check the full version download pages) and the new presets (and more) are in there!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”