Help with Patchwork and Logic Pro?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Blue Cat Forum. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me...

I bought Logic Pro X about a month ago. I noticed that my sound is generally better when I'm running through the Patchwork standalone version than it is when using the plugins, so I have been attempting to connect Patchwork standalone and Logic via MIDI.

I have read the Patchwork manual several times, browsed the forums here, checked the blog, watched YouTube tutorials, done weeks of testing...I *cannot* figure this out.

And the thing of it is, all I'm trying to do is a straight play-through. Don't need to control or change a single thing...just get a single guitar track from Patchwork standalone routed into Logic through MIDI. That's it.

Is there a relatively simple way that describes how to do this?

Thank you for reading,

camannwordsmith

Hi, I’m not really sure that I understand your question.
It sounds like you want to send your guitar track (audio -not MIDI?) from the PW standalone app to Logic Pro X, right?
On macOS you can do that with some software called Loopback. Works seamlessly.
I’m not a Windows user anymore but I believe there is an application called ‘virtual audio cable’ which will achieve a similar result.
Hope this is helpful.

I noticed that my sound is generally better when I'm running through the Patchwork standalone version than it is when using the plugins
What do you mean? There should not be any difference between the standalone application and plug-in version regarding sound quality (the output should just be the same - you could compare it bit to bit).

Do you have the output gain boosted on the standalone app?

I have Patchwork as well, and I can't tell any discernible difference between the standalone app vs. the plugins. So I'm also trying to figure out why you claim to be hearing this difference in sound quality.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”