Whats bluecat stuff written in?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there.

What are bluecat plugins generally written in? I'm wanting to write VST plugins (or something that can export to VST & au) from scratch - at least as properly as I can.

I have seen the Plug'n Script program, and I'm going to have a look at it soon but I am curious as to the general workflow that Bluecat uses.

Visual Studio? What libraries for the graphics? How does blue cat provide the multiple API versions of the plugins? I just want to kinda make things in a straight forward way in C++.

I noticed theres a lot of bitmap graphics like drawings of pots & knobs & things - is there some library thats used? I guess I want to know all the middleware thats used. I want to make VST & maybe AU plugins but not deal with huge bloatboats like JUCE and all that shit.

Cheers.

It is all written in native C++: we have our own framework that uses native platform APIs. We have built over the years a custom middleware that both abstracts the system and the plug-in APIs. We sometimes license it to third parties as a plug-ins SDK.

If you check out Plug'n Script you should have a good idea of the technology that we have built over the years: a plug-in shell that works for all plug-in formats and a custom user interface programming language called KUIML to speed up user interface development.

Plug-in development from scratch is not as easy as it may seem if you want to support multiple platforms: it is a large amount of work :-).

awesome man thank you :)

Yeah it seems like a hell of a lot of work to get that abstraction up. cheers. its really helpful just to have this crazy world framed in a coherent way.

:tu:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”