Patchwork Problems in Logic Pro X

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro PatchWork

I am trying to use the Patchwork MFX to host Jamstix 3 in Logic 10.4.4 on Mohave. I am using the demo version of Patchwork to make sure I can get it going before buying a licence.

However, I am having two serious problems.

Firstly, opening a project with Patchwork in a MIDIFX slot hangs Logic. For example, if I
  1. Start a new project with just one software instrument track,
  2. Insert Patchwork in the MIDIFX slot of the instrument track,
  3. Save the project.
Everything seems fine until I go back and try to open the project again. The Patchwork plugin window appears and then Logic hangs and I have to force a quit.

Secondly, if I repeat the steps above then add Jamstix into Patchwork it seems to play ok within Patchwork but there is no MIDI output to the track. I can see that MIDI Out light on Jamstix flashing and I have set its MIDI Out in Patchwork to be "Host" but no MIDI is getting to the track.

Any ideas?

Thank you for trying our plug-in.

Regarding the Logic hang issue, it seems to be a problem with the demo nag screen (we just had the same problem with the new Re-Guitar plug-in). You can currently avoid it by keeping an instance of the PatchWork demo in session before loading the project until we fix it.

For the MIDI out issue with Jamstix, have you inserted a drums instrument after PatchWork on the same track? Or are you trying to record the output of Jamstix as a MIDI track? I am not sure you can do the latter in Logic - it requires extra steps: someone has published a MIDI recording tutorial using Reaktor & PatchWork in Logic Pro X here that may help.

Thanks for the response.

I suspect that the problem with the MIDI out was that I was using the AU version of Jamstix and that may not have a MIDI out port. I should probably try the VST version as I know that supports MIDI out.

Oh indeed, this is probably the issue. Not many plug-ins (and hosts...) actually support MIDI out in Audio Units: it is a very poorly documented feature.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”