Blue Cat's Re-Guitar 1.0 is Here!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Axiom Re-Guitar

Ladies and gentlemen,

We are very excited to release today Blue Cat's Re-Guitar 1.0! This new guitar tone simulation plug-in is available as a built-in plug-in inside Axiom or separately.

You can get it now with our introduction offer on Axiom (-20%), Re-Guitar (-30%) and the Axe Pack bundle (-17%), until April 5th!

Existing Axiom customers will get the built-in Re-Guitar plug-in for free with the Axiom 1.2 update, and other registered customers get a larger discount on Re-Guitar (-50%) and Axiom (-30%): check your email!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK7xSpQ6Wqg

Excellent, bought it. You had me at the acoustic simulations - put my 12 string electric Revelation through it, very nice DI type sound - mixed in a bit of mic'd up guitar, lovely! Then I tried the toaster humbucker emulation with same guitar - jangletastic. :D

I love all this kind of thing, and now with the Variax guitar and this I can finally realize my dream of a 12 string electro acoustic baritone sitar... :hihi:

Great! Can you maybe share sound examples?

I use a ES335-style Ibanez guitar, cause I wanted a multifunctional kinda guitar (I like the acoustic sound as well as electric) and also cause I tend to like warm sounds in general.
I play all kinds of music, my guitar prefs range from Sonic Youth to Soukous style, via Jimi Hendrix, Nick Drake and King Crimson.

Would Re-Guitar get me close to most other classic guitar sounds, close enough in a full mix, that is?
I don't need exact emulation of specific hardware, as I have no experience beyond my own gear. I just want decent sounds for recording purposes, a full spectrum of 'em.

Or should I get another guitar for recording purposes? One that is more 'neutral' than my humbucker fitted hollow-body?

I'm asking cause I'm tempted by Variax (I love my Ibanez, but it has no tremolo handle, so I have an excuse to get another guitar :hihi:).
donkey tugger wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:11 pmI love all this kind of thing, and now with the Variax guitar
I would love to hear your opinion.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:23 am Great! Can you maybe share sound examples?
I shall record some random stuff shortly..

cptgone wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:02 am I use a ES335-style Ibanez guitar, cause I wanted a multifunctional kinda guitar (I like the acoustic sound as well as electric) and also cause I tend to like warm sounds in general.
I play all kinds of music, my guitar prefs range from Sonic Youth to Soukous style, via Jimi Hendrix, Nick Drake and King Crimson.

Would Re-Guitar get me close to most other classic guitar sounds, close enough in a full mix, that is?
I don't need exact emulation of specific hardware, as I have no experience beyond my own gear. I just want decent sounds for recording purposes, a full spectrum of 'em.

Or should I get another guitar for recording purposes? One that is more 'neutral' than my humbucker fitted hollow-body?

I'm asking cause I'm tempted by Variax (I love my Ibanez, but it has no tremolo handle, so I have an excuse to get another guitar :hihi:).
donkey tugger wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:11 pmI love all this kind of thing, and now with the Variax guitar
I would love to hear your opinion.
My gut feeling would be that a semi would probably impose to much sonic character, and it's always to some extent going to sound like a semi. I'll try it with mine (a 'Jay Turzer') later though and see -would probably still produce interesting results.

cptgone wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:02 am Would Re-Guitar get me close to most other classic guitar sounds, close enough in a full mix, that is?

It's hard to say: it depends on the construction of the guitar, your playing and the expected results. A hollow body guitar may indeed sound less neutral, but you can still get very interesting results with them (we have tested with a couple of models, and it's only with jazz guitars that the hollow body color was really present).

My advice would be to check out the demo version and see how it goes for you. And we'd be happy to know the result of your investigation btw :-).

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:07 am My gut feeling would be that a semi would probably impose to much sonic character, and it's always to some extent going to sound like a semi. I'll try it with mine (a 'Jay Turzer') later though and see -would probably still produce interesting results.
thanks. I like what I'm hearing, but what do I know, I never even did play a strat or telecaster.

You seem pleased with your Variax. Is the Standard model any good?
Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:29 am My advice would be to check out the demo version and see how it goes for you. And we'd be happy to know the result of your investigation
The result? A broken string, and sore fingers :lol:
Axiom is a lot of fun, and I've only scratched the surface so far. Glad I bought it.
I especially like the VST hosting feature.

cptgone wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:11 pm thanks. I like what I'm hearing, but what do I know, I never even did play a strat or telecaster.
Well, if you like it then who cares? :tu:
cptgone wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:11 pm The result? A broken string, and sore fingers :lol:
Ouch! :clap:

cptgone wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:11 pm

You seem pleased with your Variax. Is the Standard model any good?

I like it, but then I'm not a 'widdler' (not much of any kind of lead guitarist to be honest - put enough distortion on and hope.. :hihi: ). It's based on a Yamaha Pacifica which are decent low to mid-range guitars in their own right, and then of course you've got all the interesting modelling stuff. The teles. strats, LPs, semi stuff are all great. The 12 string emulation is a bit crap (you can tell it's pitch shifting) but ok for rhythm in a mix,. Same goes for the acoustics - ok at a pinch but you'd really want to use a real acoustic for anything exposed. The resonator stuff (banjo, electric sitar, Dobro etc) are probably not massively authentic, but great fun. On top of this you've also got the facility to quickly select (or make your own) alternate tunings by just turning the dial.. :o

Anyway, back to the re-guitar. Very similar functionality in some ways in terms of the pickup modelling, and with tweaking I'm starting (early days..) to be able to get similar good results. A couple of quick examples using my Revelation 12 string electric (which is one of these for reference - https://www.revelationguitars.co.uk/guitar/rjt-6012/) with re-guitar turned on and off to compare. Excuse my playing...

A bi of jangle. Klanghelm MJUC for compression (essential for the jangle of course...), then into re-guitar, then into the BC Free Amp;

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/12s ... pickup.mp3

Adding the Rickenbacker pickup emulation and a bit of the hollow body effect definitely gives it a lot of that 60s chiming sound without paying £3000 for an overpriced guitar which is a bastard to change the strings on.. :lol: I would have paid the £50 for this alone... :love:

A quick attempt at an acoustic emulation. I'd probably use a bit of eq to cut some high-mids and some of the boominess, and also mix in a bit of mic'd up sound as well if I were going to use it in a recording, but this should give an idea. Same guitar, again with bridge pickup. On re-guitar I used the 'custom acoustic' page somewhere between the simulators and small body dreadnought;

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/12s ... oustic.mp3

Very nice! 12 strings guitars sound so good!

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:08 pm Very nice! 12 strings guitars sound so good!
A lot of work with the tuning and changing strings (this one's not so bad, a normal tune-o-matic type bridge with more slots in it, and no silly bar or anything on the headstock), but worth the effort!

Oh yeah... While tuning is usually fine with a tuner, changing strings is definitely a challenge :-)

Thank you very much indeed, dt. You rock :wink:

Having problem with Logic Pro freezing when opening sessions containing Re-guitar AU Demo.

I am using Logics "Empty project". I load one instance of re-guitar and then save the project.
At reopening the project you can't open re-guitar GUI. Sometimes you can do other things in the program, sometimes the whole program gets inaccessible.

Using Re-guitar on a fresh template works without problem. It's after saving and reopening the problem occur.

MacBook Pro mid 2012, i5 2,5 Ghz. MacOs 10.14.3, Logic Pro 10.4.4

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”