Cant seem to Figure out... 2 Audio iN, can I have a Mic & my guitar?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to take my presonus audiobox 44vsl and use input 2 as my guitar and input 3 as my mic and set this super feature rich plugin/standalone program to boogie down but I cant figure out the best way to split my inputs up so I can put different fx on each channel and not have them all bleeding through together and such. Ive been going through the manual and checking around online but it doesn't seem like anyone is using this software to just have a quick 2 channel fx processor on the computer for at the house live rockin the crowd (my cats and my wife mostly) instead of my way too complex setups I have in ableton live, which i love doing that... but i love how I can just quikckly run this one with just as much complex processing and routing of things.. it seems. any help ? Ill name one of our next kitty cats after you and write and produce a song all about you in the name of JAMING MAN! :clap:

Are you talking about using the Patchwork standalone host?

If so, load a plugin into one of the slots. Then click on the plugin name, go to "Audio I/O," and select the inputs and outputs you want to use for that particular plugin. Route channel 2 into an amp sim, and route your mic channel into whatever other effect(s) you want.

wow im totally sorry i didn't even specify which tool i was using huh. I was talking about when using Blue Cat's Axiom standalone app, thats the whole purpose. Because I can use a DAW and do anything i want with whatever channels I want and easily. But just opening this app and running from jump... i like that ability, not for producing or recording but just quick live performance

This is definitely possible: you can use a dual input setup in order to use channels A & B as separate processors for each input. Check out the Dual Input paragraph in the manual (scroll down a little bit) for more details (there is a preset for it too, for two guitars, but it works for vocals too if you disable the amp sim).

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”