Axiom Clean Stack and Crunch Stack real amps

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have been using both Destructor and Axiom for an while now. I use it mostly for playing guitar, bass guitar or my electric violin.

My favorite amps in Axiom are the Clean Stack and the Crunch Stack, especially when playing my Fender Strat. The Clean Stack seems to be modeled like some kind of Fender Blackface amp and the Crunch Stack seems to be modeled like a Fender Tweed Amp. Both have a blue colored compressor in the "destruction module".

Are these stacks based on a real amp? If so, does anyone know what kind of real amp this is modeled after? Or is it just a Blackface/Tweed amp with a compressor pedal in front of it? Or is it more of a fantasy setup that only exists in Blue Cat Axiom?

Glad that you like them! They do not replicate exact models but the idea was to demonstrate that you can stack a preamp and a power amp with both of them adding their own distortion & compression. They are using presets that are indeed close to the amps that you describe, with a few tweaks.

OK, thanks!

And what is this "Blue Comp" compressor based on if I may ask...? I seem to like all the presets that have this Blue Comp compressor in it.

It is a custom design of an analog-style compressor that emulates the behavior of an ideal clean amp that won't distort at all (if you do not consider compression as distortion...). You may indeed find it in a couple of clean amp presets if I remember well.

OK, interesting! Thanks for the quick reply.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”