ParametrEQ pack update?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey ho, been using these for a long while now (years). I noticed everything else has been recently updated. I was wondering if these little beautys were also getting a facelift? It's been a long time since they were touched. Last update I got was [3.52]. Is that the most recent version? thanks.

There have been some rumors since last year that Blue Cat is working on a new EQ plugin.

My guess is it's going to look something like the one that's integrated into Patchwork, Late Replies, etc. but with a lot more features. Like other BC plugins, it will probably be a workstation unto itself and far more than "just an eq." ;)
Last edited by Tappistry on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

thanks. i had heard something similar. i emailed him a while back and asked him if they were to be updated. he replied that he was working on an update, but then the MB-7 update was released, and i didn't know if that was what he meant so i waited. i was hoping it would be updated to an all in one adjustable interface, but i understand that would be incredibly tricky, being that each plugin has its own serial. not sure what to think, but i'm hoping for something interesting happening.

No, MB-7 and even the latest MB-5 updates have totally different applications than standard EQs. I don't think we've seen their endgame for an EQ plugin yet.

It would make sense if they combined the Widening EQ with the parametric EQ, at a minimum. Mid-side processing is integrated into many parametric EQs these days. I haven't been doing the computer music thing for that long, but maybe it was less common 6+ years ago to have it all in one plugin?

We indeed have a couple of plug-ins that have been waiting for an update for a while... Mainly because of a couple of technical breakthroughs! So upgrading older plug-ins is a bit more work and we want to do it right. But they haven't been abandoned, for sure!

good to hear! thanks for the update BC.

wonder if he is talking about dynamic processing? :?: :hyper:

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:59 pm wonder if he is talking about dynamic processing? :?: :hyper:
I'm sure BC will find a way to incorporate a dynamic EQ in an interesting way that others haven't done yet. :wink:

We indeed have many ideas regarding Dynamix EQing, but also a huge todo list on other topics!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”