Skins file locations?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I downloaded the latest Blue Cat Audio Phaser and installed only the x64 VST3 version, which placed a BC Phaser 3 VST3(Mono) data, and BC Phaser 3 VST3(Stereo) data directory in my Windows 7 x 64 C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST3 directory.

I made a new Theme for the stereo version, and am wondering if I would need to place the same theme files in all the data folders that Blue Cat installs.

With other efx, the resources seem to be shared from one location, but what I am seeing with my Blue Cat install, suggests to me that the skin data would need to be duplicated for VST3, VST, AAX, stereo, mono, etc.

Am I mistaken? Will I need to copy the data to a unique place for every version of a Blue Cat plugin that I want to be able to use the skin with?

Thank you.

You can actually place your custom skin file anywhere on your drive and then just change the global settings for each format to use the same skin file and resources.

Very nice theme BTW! Maybe you could share it with the community?

Hi,
Thanks for the info about consolidating the skins locations.

I ran of time for this round of work. I would like to learn how to trim out all the extra XML code in the themes and then make a similar theme for the Chorus and Flanger before uploading the themes for download.

I'd like to come back and ask about the XML scripting when I get the time to work further.

Thank you.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”