NAMM 2019 Thread

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just read in your blog that you will be releasing updates for various other plugins. I was hoping to see tempo sync for Oscilloscope Multi in the next update but it isn't. Just curious, is tempo sync planned?

congrats on the new pickup sim, looks pretty revolutionary!

SeeingInMidi wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:17 am I just read in your blog that you will be releasing updates for various other plugins. I was hoping to see tempo sync for Oscilloscope Multi in the next update but it isn't. Just curious, is tempo sync planned?
It is indeed in our todo list but requires some careful thinking to keep things in sync accross tracks, so it has not been "planned" yet. We are doing one thing at a time :)
congrats on the new pickup sim, looks pretty revolutionary!
Thanks! :tu:

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:46 am Except it is not using IRs... It is fully algorithmic, which lets you create your own pickups based on proposed models, using a 2D controller:

Wow, that is much more interesting!!

I got a notice this morning saying that the analysis plugins have been updated, but the main software page doesn't show anything in the Analysis Pack as being updated, and indeed, when I download the Frequency Analyst Multi (for example) it's still 2.2. What's going on here?

sramsay wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:24 pm I got a notice this morning saying that the analysis plugins have been updated, but the main software page doesn't show anything in the Analysis Pack as being updated, and indeed, when I download the Frequency Analyst Multi (for example) it's still 2.2. What's going on here?
Click the personal download link in your license email from Blue Cat to go to the registered versions download page. Then look for the link toward the bottom of the list of official versions for the "Next version release preview."

They don't post preview releases on the public-facing site.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:46 am Except it is not using IRs... It is fully algorithmic, which lets you create your own pickups based on proposed models, using a 2D controller:

Can you go the "other" way and transform an acoustic piezo or soundhole pickup into an electric humbucker or single coil?

Tappistry wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:54 pm They don't post preview releases on the public-facing site.
Ah, I get it. I think the lede is a bit buried there (the KVR post begins with "Blue Cat Audio has updated for its dynamics processing and audio analysis plug-ins" [sic.]). It's only a bit further on that it starts talking about "preview" releases. Preview as in beta? I think I'll wait . . .

sramsay wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:17 am
Tappistry wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:54 pm They don't post preview releases on the public-facing site.
Ah, I get it. I think the lede is a bit buried there (the KVR post begins with "Blue Cat Audio has updated for its dynamics processing and audio analysis plug-ins" [sic.]). It's only a bit further on that it starts talking about "preview" releases. Preview as in beta? I think I'll wait . . .
I’ve yet to have any functional problems with any of their preview releases, just personal experience. I recall a couple of non-critical UI bugs here and there.

But if you have some important projects for clients or deadlines with those plugins, it might be better to stay on the safe side.

Tappistry wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:54 pm I’ve yet to have any functional problems with any of their preview releases, just personal experience. I recall a couple of non-critical UI bugs here and there.
I bet! I own a lot of BC plugs, and the engineering quality is outstanding. But yeah, I think I want the "certified bulletproof" tag. ;)

sramsay wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:42 am
Tappistry wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:54 pm I’ve yet to have any functional problems with any of their preview releases, just personal experience. I recall a couple of non-critical UI bugs here and there.
I bet! I own a lot of BC plugs, and the engineering quality is outstanding. But yeah, I think I want the "certified bulletproof" tag. ;)
Hence my total fanboy-ism for this dev and why I probably spend more time than necessary in this subforum. :D

sramsay wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:24 pm I got a notice this morning saying that the analysis plugins have been updated, but the main software page doesn't show anything in the Analysis Pack as being updated, and indeed, when I download the Frequency Analyst Multi (for example) it's still 2.2. What's going on here?
The announcement at KvR is indeed not exact: we have previews right now, and official releases are expected later this quarter!

Your kvr presence about ReGuitar is like placing your NAMM booth
in a basement server closet :dog: :hihi:

To remedy this, I placed a topic in the Effects forum,
with the ReGuitar link at your website.

As my reward for repairing your marketing scheme,
I demand ReGuitar be a free update to my Axiom license!!! :x

....oh, wait! :dog: 8) :dog:

Thanks for starting another thread. As a small company, being full time on the show floor all day makes it hard to follow up on the web at the same time!

But don't worry, you will all hear about Re-Guitar in the coming weeks :-).

Love the pictures! I’m happy Ola England stopped by your booth. Wonder if he’ll make some videos about Axiom later on? :)

Really wish I could have gone to NAMM. I need to make some friends in the music biz that can get me a guest pass or however it works. :lol:

I only live about an hour drive away from the convention center.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”