Happy New Year! Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix V2 is Here!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe it's the way Studio One measures the CPU (I guess you are looking at the CPU meters in the DAW, right?). Also the buffer size has an influence on CPU usage.

Tappistry wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:00 am
SeeingInMidi wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:43 am I've tested the plugin in Reaper, I'm getting a reported low CPU usage of around .3%. It seems like it's Studio One 3 issue. I'm not sure if it's my end if Studio One is naturally being a CPU hog.
I'm not sure if it's Studio One being a CPU hog as much as it is just being temperamental with this particular plugin for the moment.

Out of curiosity, have you tried any other Blue Cat plugins in Studio One?
Just tested Destructor, cpu usage seems stable Studio One even though high than Reaper. The thing with MB-5 in Studio One, it'll start at 3% and then randomly drift up to 8%. Not sure why, happens randomly too, it might be my end though. I'll continue playing with the demo and see what happens.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:51 am Maybe it's the way Studio One measures the CPU (I guess you are looking at the CPU meters in the DAW, right?). Also the buffer size has an influence on CPU usage.
I just realized that the CPU metering in Reaper is different to Studio One's, sorry about that. But I'm running into an issue where the CPU usage on MB-5 will start at around 3%, but then will rise up to around 8% in an empty project with just 3 bands. This only happens in Studio One, not sure what's triggering it. I'm not sure if it's my end or the plugin/DAW combination.

Edit: I think it's my end with my outdated CPU, I'll do some more playing around anyways.

Your CPU is indeed a bit old, so maybe it is having trouble with its memory cache, hence the random behavior. The MB-5 Dynamix plug-in could indeed be quite heavy on CPU back in the days...

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”