Dynamics

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I am looking at the Dynamics 4 plugin. Is it suitable for the following - In a single file I have material that has a few peaks and spikes going up to around 0dB. Then there is a bunch of material around -12 to -6 dB, and then there is a bunch of very quiet material, below -36dB

I would like to bring the peaks down to -6, leave the material in the range -12 to -6 untouched, and make the very quiet material 12dB louder.

Is that possible in one pass?
How would I go about that?

So far that looks incredibly easy to do but not having a great deal of experience with dynamics processors I wonder if I am understanding the plugin correctly

thanks, woggle
what you don't know only makes you stronger

You can indeed do this using compression above -12 dB with the upper curve, and expansion below -36 dB using the lower curve. You will have to adjust the time constants depending on your material and how fast the compressor needs to react.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:58 pm You can indeed do this using compression above -12 dB with the upper curve, and expansion below -36 dB using the lower curve. You will have to adjust the time constants depending on your material and how fast the compressor needs to react.
thanks - that is how I saw it working - your design is incredibly clear if I could get that happening so easily
what you don't know only makes you stronger

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”