An access to Axiom's Presets via MIDI Controller

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I am struggling with how to select my own presets by using a MIDI controller (I am using Qunexus and Push2). I think there is no way to change banks and programs in Qunexus, so I tried with Ableton's MIDI track with various bank and program setting in the MIDI clips but it only triggers the first bank which is factory presets. My custom setting is like "Bank 5 and Program 1, 2, 3..." but Ableton cannot select these presets. I am wondering what would be the best way to do this. Thank you :)

Do you know which type of bank message is actually sent by Live? (there are two types of messages for changing banks if I remember well).

BTW if your MIDI controller does not support bank messages, you can also select a bank manually (by selecting a preset in the user interface of Axiom). All subsequent program change messages will select presets within this bank.

I sent the bank messages by creating midi clips. You will have better understanding with a screenshot I attached. The image shows an example of Bank2 and Program 3. Thank you so much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I guess we'll have to try it out - I am not sure how this is implemented in Live.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”