New here and would appreciate some help

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

viscount wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:06 pm I must be doing something really stupid but I cannot get the demo to function in any meaningful way. I've watched the video and seen bar graphs there; I can see nothing like that in the plugin. If I try to rename a slider, it just flickers the prompt to rename and remains at default. I've tried it in PatchWork and also Bidule with the same result. In the 16 channel, I appear to have 8 input and 8 outputs; I can get the input sliders to be midi controlled but that's about it. Any ideas anyone?
Can you maybe give us more details about what you are trying to achieve?

There is indeed a bug on Mac regarding parameters renaming - we are actually working on an update for this plug-in that will include a fix for that.

Regarding parameter names in PatchWork, you can see the actual plug-in parameter names when hovering the mouse over the knobs (it appears in the preset LCD at the top of the user interface).

I'll explain what I'm wanting to do. I play at home for my own amusement. I have two screens in front of me driven by a Mac Mini. One screen is dedicated to displaying score which I can page turn with foot switch or button on my Novation keyboard. Other screen shows the instrument I am playing with its particular interface - e.g. Arturia piano. That leaves little space. What I'd like in that space are controls to allow be to control how much audio goes to each of my 8 channels (4 x stereo) and also a simple graphic equaliser. I therefore do not have the main Patchwork window visible but instead see 4 x gain controls and I EQ. All windows self position to the correct place courtesy of an AppleScript that gets launched when the rest fires up. I'd prefer to have the EQ and a small panel with 4 sliders and perhaps VU bar meters above. All plugins I've checked out are way more than I am looking for. As I said, I can't figure out RemoteControl at all. Thanks for your reply.

Thanks, I see the parameter names when hovering now you have pointed it out; however, as I'm wanting to use with a midi controller, it doesn't help in this instance.

Remote Control requires the target plug-ins to support MIDI CC control (which is not the case of all plug-in): you need to connect the MIDI out of the Remote control to the MIDI in of the target plug-in.

BTW do you know that you can collapse PatchWork's GUI and only keep the knobs and main toolbar?

I've now tried to connect remote to patchwork and one of its gain controls but no luck. Yes, I see that collapse works but it still leaves a vague display. It's frustrating as the product is so nearly there. My work round as described above is still working for me however. Thanks again for your support.

If the remote control is loaded inside PatchWork, it cannot be connected to the knobs. One way to do it would be to use an instance of PatchWork inside PatchWork and connect the two of them together via an internal MIDI port.

Thanks for your continued support but I'm going too concede defeat. For what I want to achieve, this route is too hard. I can see the virtue of the product but it's not for me.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”